Anyone experience with custom objects

Your software
My Mautic version is:4.4.5
My PHP version is:8.0
My Database type and version is:MariaDB 10

Your problem
My problem is: We are trying to figure out the best approach to using custom objects.

I know custom objects can only have one master type to one relationship type, so I am thinking the 4/5 custom object I need will be master types. @joeyk from researching the forum you seem to have a lot of knowledge on custom objects. Could you share some insight?

we intend to extend custom objects so that they can be linked to companies, if there is a need from the community we will be happy to share or even add to the custom object plugin.

Hi,
I don’t think I have enough experience.
I also think it depends on the way you want to populate these fileds and how you relate them one another.
Manually? Via API? Via import?
Joey

Hi there,

We have been using custom objects quite extensively, and are finding them very powerful and useful to different types of automations and analysis. We have done this in a wide range of verticals.

An example for Ecommerce, is we setup custom objects to capture all orders so that we could start analyzing user behaviour and action accordingly.
So we setup a a custom object called orders, provided the fields we want and then hooked the commerce site to update the contact and link their orders:

all depends on what you want to do here. There are limitations today with the API in such that you can only update the custom object and not the relationship, so we are going with just the top level here

1 Like

That’s interesting guys thank you.

@mikew That is a good way to approach this and we will do something similar except we will be syncing the data from our other system and will like them to companies instead of leads.