API: Editing the Owner of a Contact/Lead

I am trying to set an Owner on a Lead/Contact using the API (leads//edit), but when I do a PUT or PATCH request passing a parameter of owner= (owner=1) it doesn’t set the Owner. I get a 200 response for both the PUT and PATCH requests, but the owner attribute in the JSON response is null.

I also noticed that all the other fields for the Lead/Contact that I tried to update were set to blank if their type was Text or set to zero if their type was Number. Not sure it this is related, but it leads me to think that I’m either missing something in my API request, or there is some kind of bug related to editing a Lead/Contact through the API.

I recently upgraded to and am running v1.4.1. I cleared my cache after the upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Update: I also tried the same API call to update the owner of a Lead on version 1.3.1 and the Owner was not updated. The other fields did remain intact so I think the fact that the fields are getting cleared out on an update is another issue that I’ll post about.

I am trying to set an Owner on a Lead/Contact using the API (leads//edit), but when I do a PUT or PATCH request passing a parameter of owner= (owner=1) it doesn’t set the Owner. I get a 200 response for both the PUT and PATCH requests, but the owner attribute in the JSON response is null.

I also noticed that all the other fields for the Lead/Contact that I tried to update were set to blank if their type was Text or set to zero if their type was Number. Not sure it this is related, but it leads me to think that I’m either missing something in my API request, or there is some kind of bug related to editing a Lead/Contact through the API.

I recently upgraded to and am running v1.4.1. I cleared my cache after the upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Update: I also tried the same API call to update the owner of a Lead on version 1.3.1 and the Owner was not updated. The other fields did remain intact so I think the fact that the fields are getting cleared out on an update is another issue that I’ll post about.