Available variables for updating contacts - which do you know?

Background: I try to setup some SMS related stuff. I create contacts with SMS numbers, but they have no email. Thus appear as anonymous, which they aren’t.

I know I can use today as a variable for day fields. What other variables are you aware of? Wonder if there is a way to reference other fiels, so I could for instance write {mobile}@domain.com as a placeholder into the email field via the campaign.

Are you aware of variables, that may be useful to generate something unique in this case?

I’m running into a situation where I would also like to be able to use variables to update custom fields from within a campaign. Is this possible yet? Also is it possible to generate a random value in a field? My use case here is for creating coupon codes.

Thanks.

Hi,
yes you can update custom fields from a campaign, but… for exactly this situation (coupon codes) we didn’t find any way to use native functions to generate them on the fly of to pull from a list of coupon codes available.

We used lowcode (Marketing Automation with Low Code - twentyZEN) to request (webhook) and get send a coupon code via API into the custom field.

For mailings to a given number of recipients we also imported unique coupon codes into the custom fields of those segment contacts.

1 Like

But can you use variables in custom fields?

No dice. Also needed it in the past. But its not supported.

1 Like