Better ways to build emails & landing pages

Hi, who else find the mautic default email builder and landing page builder difficult to use? It is so finicky and doesn’t allow you to do much.

Is there a more user friendly, and more capable way to build your emails and landing pages?

Hi, who else find the mautic default email builder and landing page builder difficult to use? It is so finicky and doesn’t allow you to do much.
Is there a more user friendly, and more capable way to build your emails and landing pages?

I don’t use the landing pages but I create emails in html, open a new email, select the Blank template, switch to code view and overwrite the contents with my html. Works fine (with a little tweaking).

FYI: There’s a Pull Request on github to allow emails and pages to be built in ‘code mode’ - html. It is slated for the 2.3 release, I believe.

@imautic Yes, I’ve found the email editor to be… not the easiest to work with. I haven’t tried much with the landing page builder.

The upcoming “code mode” will certainly be helpful for many of us, as @medianicus noted. But not a solution for everyone, as it still requires email design and coding knowledge to build something that works and looks good in a range of email clients.

A little self-promotion here: I’m creating some Mautic email themes for people who don’t want to code their own or just copy and paste straight html. Themes will be built specifically for Mautic, so you’ll be able to use Mautic’s built-in tools to customize and style to match branding. In case you’re interested: innotiom.com/mautic-email-templates

@medianicus We are taking similar approach, I think. I am using an external visual HTML editor such as Kompozer to edit the html and copy them back into Mautic. Wonder if this is a good way to do it.

@chris0928 Love your website, it is a great resource for new Mautic users! I have already signed up for your mailing list, looking forward to your email templates.

@imautic thanks - that’s what I’m hoping :slight_smile: If you have any ideas or feedback on things that should be included, please let me know!

I hope you received an email from me with a template (if not, feel free to direct message me here).

I am using mailstyler and then copy the html code into Mautic. Only thing which is not implemented yet is that the buttons are not CSS but graphics. So they might not be displayed if the receiver doesn’t load images. In general easy to use Email template creator.

I use my own HTML. with CSS and works since version 1.4

I have found using https://beefree.io/ also a good option.

Design and build the email in beefree.io. Save and export the html. Then import into Mautic code view and edit from there.