Campaigns Not Sending

To whom that help,

We currently have the latest install of MAUTIC, on a Digital Ocean VPS, all is working great, however no matter what workflow we implement for a CAMPAIGN to kick in and dispatch a auto reply email after a customer has read the Email we send from Mautic install - absolutely nothing works.

Mautic logs give out the following - mautic.ERROR: Deprecation: The alias option of the form.type_extension tag of service “fos_rest.form.extension.csrf_disable” is deprecated since version 2.8 and will be removed in 3.0. Use the extended_type option instead.

We aren’t entirely sure what that issue above relates too. Any help or guidance in the right direction into getting this issue fixed would be greatly appreciated.

P

To whom that help,

We currently have the latest install of MAUTIC, on a Digital Ocean VPS, all is working great, however no matter what workflow we implement for a CAMPAIGN to kick in and dispatch a auto reply email after a customer has read the Email we send from Mautic install - absolutely nothing works.

Mautic logs give out the following - mautic.ERROR: Deprecation: The alias option of the form.type_extension tag of service “fos_rest.form.extension.csrf_disable” is deprecated since version 2.8 and will be removed in 3.0. Use the extended_type option instead.

We aren’t entirely sure what that issue above relates too. Any help or guidance in the right direction into getting this issue fixed would be greatly appreciated.

P

According to @MxyzptlkFishStix that’s not really an error:
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/5327-issues-with-version-2-1/0

What do you mean by ‘absolutely nothing works’? Are any emails sending at all? Are any of the sent emails being shown as read?

@Elenchus excellent thanks for getting back to us so quickly. I read that thread from FishStix, and many others relating to that log message. They all seem to be cron related in some sort of a way. Our issue that our Campaign and their associated actions arent working at all. So for e.g

We created a list of subscribers, then attach that list to Campaign action and once we send out that email to that new created email list we require the campaign actions to kick in and auto dispatch a second email to the user that has opened the 1st email we sent.

Hope that kinda makes sense?

looking forward to any guidance or help.

PL

Can you tell me at which point it stops working? IE. Are your subscribers being added to the list; if so are they being put on to the campaign; if so is the email listed as sent but not actually sent, etc.

I have a similar problem and contacts are being added, but the mautic:campaigns:trigger doesn’t work. It throws an error. All the other cron jobs work (as far as I can tell).

https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/5760-cron-error-mautic-not-sending/p1#p16193

Cheers @unify, I’ve put an answer up there for you. @pushlogic, are you able to check your cron errors as in unify’s post?

@Elenchus Thanks for getting back to us. we ran a number of Cron commands via SSH and none came up with any errors that we can see as per the follow results, bearing in mind this is based on a old campaign & action workflow thats in the system, we are yet to try setting up a new campaign and then processing it via command line which we are in the process of doing now, hopefully that heeds some results in the way of error or actual numbers against the executed line below.

command to find the PHP V gives us the follow:

PHP 5.6.26 (cli) (built: Oct 10 2016 10:29:34) Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies

Then running each of the above Cron Commands gives us the following results:

[code]/usr/local/bin/php app/console mautic:segments:update
Rebuilding contacts for segment 5
0 total contact(s) to be added in batches of 300
total contact(s) to be removed in batches of 300
0 contact(s) affected

Rebuilding contacts for segment 1
0 contact(s) affected

usr/local/bin/php app/console mautic:segments:rebuild
Rebuilding contacts for segment 5
0 contact(s) affected

Rebuilding contacts for segment 1
0 contact(s) affected

/usr/local/bin/php app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger
Triggering events for campaign 19
Triggering first level events
0 total events(s) to be processed in batches of 100
0 event(s) executed

Triggering scheduled events
0 event(s) executed

Triggering ‘non-action’ events
0 event(s) executed

Triggering events for campaign 21
Triggering first level events
1 total events(s) to be processed in batches of 100
1/1 [============================] 100%
1 event(s) executed

Triggering scheduled events
0 event(s) executed

Triggering ‘non-action’ events
0 event(s) executed

/usr/local/bin/php app/console mautic:emails:send
Mautic is not set to queue email.

/usr/local/bin/php app/console doctrine:schema:update
ATTENTION: This operation should not be executed in a production environment.
Use the incremental update to detect changes during development and use
the SQL DDL provided to manually update your database in production.

The Schema-Tool would execute “49” queries to update the database.
Please run the operation by passing one - or both - of the following options:
doctrine:schema:update --force to execute the command
doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql to dump the SQL statements to the screen

/usr/local/bin/php app/console doctrine:schema:update --force
Updating database schema…
Database schema updated successfully! “49” queries were executed[/code]

Your email’s not set to queue, which suggests that cron is not the cause of your email problems. Have you tried sending a test email through the email config settings? If that works, also try setting your email to queue (which does require cron jobs to be setup) - queue is more stable if there’s a lot of emails being sent.

Also, you still haven’t mentioned at which point things are breaking down, which makes it more difficult to troubleshoot. Are your contacts getting placed into a segment? Are they getting from the segment to the campaign?

Do you have frequency settings enabled?

Right-hand wheel icon -> Configuration -> Email Settings -> Do not contact more than X times(s)…

If you have anything there and you’ve already sent that many mailings to your subscribers for the set time period, this would be why “nothing is working.”

Hi,

I am also having some issues with campaign emails. I have created the form, emails and workflow, and it all seems to be working fine but when it comes to sending the first email of the workflow it just doesn’t.

Is strange because if I add an autoresponder to the form, then the email is sent fine. When I try doing it with the campaign’s workflow, leads are being included in the campaign but then the email is not delivered.

Any help on this it would be much appreciated. I have tried all the possible ways I’ve found but can’t make it work.

Thanks