A first Campaign is not triggering

Hello everyone,

Well yesterday I’ve have created a first testing campaign but it just didn’t work and I really don’t understand why. I’ve created a lead, a list, 2 email templates and then the campaign. I’ve published the campaign but it seems to me that it didn’t trigger the email and all the steps in my campaign. Any advice?

Just so you know, I tried to send the email manually and it worked well, so I dont’ think the problem is in the mailing service configuration. I have also tried to publich and unpublish the campaign many times but nothing really happened.

By the way it’s really easy to create all the stuff…but I’m getting crazy cuz it just doesn’t

work.

thank you for any information you can provide

Hello everyone,
Well yesterday I’ve have created a first testing campaign but it just didn’t work and I really don’t understand why. I’ve created a lead, a list, 2 email templates and then the campaign. I’ve published the campaign but it seems to me that it didn’t trigger the email and all the steps in my campaign. Any advice?

Just so you know, I tried to send the email manually and it worked well, so I dont’ think the problem is in the mailing service configuration. I have also tried to publich and unpublish the campaign many times but nothing really happened.

By the way it’s really easy to create all the stuff…but I’m getting crazy cuz it just doesn’t
work.

thank you for any information you can provide

Hey Gleyve, are you ok? :smiley: You need to set up cronjobs to work properly.

Check this out - > https://www.mautic.org/docs/setup/index.html

Bye =D

Hmmm…I thought that cron jobs wouldn’t be necessary for immediately send setup as I did. I’ll what you suggested. Thank you so much Tiago…I’ll leave a feedback.

I have exact same problem. Spending hours to fix that issue, nothing so far.

This was my campaign:

Campaign form > Modify lead’s list (and) Adjust lead points (and) > Send email

Nothing works there. I see leads gathered under Campaign form but campaign was not triggered.

Then I created standalone Form and apply same rules:

Modify lead’s list - WORKED
Adjust lead points - WORKED
Send email - NOT WORKED

I tested email connection and email came, so no problem with email service (Elastic Emails).đ

Anyone?

Same problem here. My cronjobs are setup, but no email was send…

In the manual way, a no-campagn email was send property.

[quote=4207:@Nick]I have exact same problem. Spending hours to fix that issue, nothing so far.

This was my campaign:

Campaign form > Modify lead’s list (and) Adjust lead points (and) > Send email

Nothing works there. I see leads gathered under Campaign form but campaign was not triggered.

Then I created standalone Form and apply same rules:

Modify lead’s list - WORKED
Adjust lead points - WORKED
Send email - NOT WORKED

I tested email connection and email came, so no problem with email service (Elastic Emails).đ

Anyone?[/quote]

Did you configure Cron jobs?
What’s your hosting company and hosting plan?

[quote=4208:@nerdrico]Same problem here. My cronjobs are setup, but no email was send…

In the manual way, a no-campagn email was send property.[/quote]

Could you please copy here how are your cronjobs configured?

Tips:
I have a shared hosting and the only way to make it work was using the commands below with ‘-f’
mautic:campaigns:update
mautic:campaigns:trigger

so my cronjobs are now like (in this order, exactly):
…app/console mautic:leadlists:update --env=prod
…app/console mautic:campaigns:update -f --env=prod
…app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger -f --env=prod
…app/console mautic:email:process --env=prod

Hostgator shared server.

I’ve created the cron job and it didn’t word as well.
I’m have hostgator reseller account and my cronjob were firstly configured as below:
(Just 2 cron jobs cuz I’m using immediately sending instead of queue so I dont’ think I need other cron jobs)

php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:update
php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger

Well it didn’t work, so I tried the cron jobs with ‘-f’ as Suggested by my fellow countryman Tiago, and it still doesn’t work.

php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:update -f --env=prod
php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger -f --env=prod

[quote=4223:@gleyvepascoa]I’ve created the cron job and it didn’t word as well.
I’m have hostgator reseller account and my cronjob were firstly configured as below:
(Just 2 cron jobs cuz I’m using immediately sending instead of queue so I dont’ think I need other cron jobs)

php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:update
php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger

Well it didn’t work, so I tried the cron jobs with ‘-f’ as Suggested by my fellow countryman Tiago, and it still doesn’t work.

php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:update -f --env=prod
php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger -f --env=prod[/quote]

Hostgator doesn’t use “php” for cron, you need to change to /opt/php55/bin/php
in your case should be:

/opt/php55/bin/php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:leadlists:update --env=prod
/opt/php55/bin/php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:update -f --env=prod
/opt/php55/bin/php /home/adaptro/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger -f --env=prod

Trying it out right now :slight_smile:
Come back very soon!

I have to wait the time to the job run and trigger right? I’m waiting, if it doesn’t work I really don’t know…:slight_smile:
I my case I setup as every 25 minutes which is the mininum allowed by hostgator as I could understand.

[quote=4226:@gleyvepascoa]I have to wait the time to the job run and trigger right? I’m waiting, if it doesn’t work I really don’t know…:slight_smile:
I my case I setup as every 25 minutes which is the mininum allowed by hostgator as I could understand.[/quote]
It’s not the minimum, set * * * *

It’ll run every minute.

Tiago, my PHP Version is 5.4.45, so I put:

‘/opt/php54/bin/php’ instead of ‘/opt/php55/bin/php’ and I also changed the timing to * * * *

Let’s see what happens, if it works we might help other people with this discussion here.

Yeahhhh…It worked, thank you so much Tiago!

=D Thanks to all the guys who helped me too, like @escopecz

Sure, these guys are great. Now I’m gonna spread the good news…mautic works! Awesome!

Off course @tiagorodrigues . Bellow my cronjobs (Godaddy linux host):

/usr/bin/php /home/nerdrico/public_html/niles/app/console mautic:leadlists:update --env=prod
/usr/bin/php /home/nerdrico/public_html/niles/app/console mautic:campaigns:update --env=prod
/usr/bin/php /home/nerdrico/public_html/niles/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger --env=prod
/usr/bin/php /home/nerdrico/public_html/niles/app/console mautic:email:process --env=prod

@nerdrico Try to search your host support page, at least for me hostgator support page helped me a lot.
It’s also important to double ckeck if your campaign workflow is correctly configured cuz even with the correct cron jobs, I realized I had and erros in my campaign workflow.

For example:
http://support.hostgator.com/articles/cpanel/what-do-i-put-for-the-cron-job-command
http://support.hostgator.com/articles/cpanel/how-do-i-create-and-delete-a-cron-job

Yeah. I will call to Godaddy tomorrow morning to ask that.

About my workflow, I check a lot of times. Change the actions to test, but the problem is really the schedule e-mails. :confused:

@tiagorodrigues This is my plan at Small Orange: Cloud VPS Hosting - Level 2 Cloud VPS

And I am using Elastic Email as my email service provider

I am not really sure what exactly to do with Cron jobs. I think I need exact steps :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help guys!