System doesn't send email. At my wits end...

Someone PLEASE help.

I am testing a very simple campaign that sends an email once a visitor registers on a webpage form. The campaign displays the custom email has been sent but no email ever arrives. I have tried both from a Campaign Form as well as a Contact Segment. Leads get added properly to all lists segments and campaigns, they just never receive the email.

The email sends fine when I test it with Send Example and I have checked permissions, cron jobs, email settings and everything else I know how.

To process, I’ve used Php Mail as well as a custom SMTP server (‘test connection’ and ‘send test email’ both confirm in configurations panel and work fine ). I’ve tried Queue mail and Send Immediately setting changes, neither work. I’ve used remote computers, incognito windows and other remote people to help test the campaign. Nothing.

I’m pulling my hair out. What am I missing?!?

I have a the same problem I am troubleshooting this week. It works fine when i send a mail directly from contacts as well, but as soon as I try to trigger it from the campaign, it does not go. I will tell you about my trials in case we can swap notes, lol:

I’m going to guess that there is a missing cron job for this. I have the mautic:emails:send for queue emails but it is not pushing them out of the system. As I understand mautic:campaigns:trigger is so the campaign will do it’s thing, however I have a text message sending out as well as the email and the text message works perfect, so not sure that is it.

I have not had a chance to try it with smtp and emails go out immediately. I will try that when i have a chance, the support says it will bypass the cron for testing.

You should log an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues

I have logged the below but it’s quite different that users that either Emails sent are not recorded on mautic or neither sent nor recorded: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/2629

install the plugin config and check that this well configured mail server mautic

Someone PLEASE help.

I am testing a very simple campaign that sends an email once a visitor registers on a webpage form. The campaign displays the custom email has been sent but no email ever arrives. I have tried both from a Campaign Form as well as a Contact Segment. Leads get added properly to all lists segments and campaigns, they just never receive the email.

The email sends fine when I test it with Send Example and I have checked permissions, cron jobs, email settings and everything else I know how.

To process, I’ve used Php Mail as well as a custom SMTP server (‘test connection’ and ‘send test email’ both confirm in configurations panel and work fine ). I’ve tried Queue mail and Send Immediately setting changes, neither work. I’ve used remote computers, incognito windows and other remote people to help test the campaign. Nothing.

I’m pulling my hair out. What am I missing?!?

@amagdy , I was reluctant to log an issue because I always assume it’s something I’M doing wrong. It turns out it wasn’t me this time. I downgraded Mautic to 2.0 and everything now works fine.

@javier15, the mail server was properly configured because it works in a number of other instances but I’m curious about the “plugin config”. What is that?

@lewisone , I tried EVERYTHING I knew how to do and finally conceded that 2.1.1 is too buggy to be reliable. The campaign builder locks up if there are too many actions, the time stamp is inconsistent across various pages and the email handler tells me its sent email when it really doesn’t.

I reverted back to v2.0 and everything seems to work fine now. Perhaps 2.2.

https://cronfig.io/

config, cron job creates and displays errors

[quote=16155:@javier15]https://cronfig.io/

config, cron job creates and displays errors[/quote]
This looks cool but the download does not work, i will google it to see if i find another link.

yep, I just got it from the github and trying it out, thanks.

Thanks. I’ll see if I can make sense of this.