Can the font be changed for the online version of emails?

My Mautic version is: 2.15.1
My PHP version is: 7.2.17

My problem is: I don’t care for the Times New Roman font that seems to be the default font for the online version of emails (using {webview_url}). Is there any way to change that to a different web safe font? Perhaps this is beyond simple, but I’m quite a newbie and I haven’t had any luck searching the community forums nor Google. Any gentle nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

These errors are showing in the log: N/A

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I don’t know where to even begin!

1 Like

Hi @nateifts and welcome to the Mautic Community Forums!

Indeed you can use different fonts if you want to, and it depends how fancy you need to be as to how complicated it is!

When you choose the email template, in effect you are picking a theme to use from the folder in your Mautic directory called ‘themes’, so if you go there and look for the folder which corresponds with the template you’re using, you should see the markup that is being used in the email template.

If you’re using one of the themes which ships with Mautic, you may want to make a copy and rename it so that you aren’t at risk of it being overwritten by future changes.

Take a look at the email files for the different templates and you will see some ways in which fonts are being used. It might be that you don’t have the fonts installed and you’re falling back to TNR, or that there isn’t a font being used and that’s the default - take a look in the template files and you should be able to figure out what’s going on.

I also recommend this guide to using web fonts in emails as some background reading. Importantly, don’t forget to use a fallback font!

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks, @rcheesley! I’ve been toying with making my own theme, and I now seem to have everything working properly font-wise. I appreciate the push in the right direction!

1 Like