Can't add contacts to a segment

Hello,

Could someone please help me add contacts to a segment? I’ve created a new segment then tried adding different filters to no avail… I even tried a filter that limited it to one single email and it won’t add it.

Thanks,

Greg

Hello,
Could someone please help me add contacts to a segment? I’ve created a new segment then tried adding different filters to no avail… I even tried a filter that limited it to one single email and it won’t add it.

Thanks,
Greg

I have the same problem. I have a list with contacts (still all for testing), I create a segment that at least should have one contact in it (see second picture) and then press apply: but in the number count there are no contacts (see segment overview picture).

I presume that since I click ‘Apply’ I don’t need Cron jobs here. Could anyone otherwise explain what would be the right Cron job line? And if I input this through a C-panel, should it or should it not include 'php.?

Strange that no one else is having this issue. I’m installed on a Windows server. Do you think that has something to do with it? I’m dead in the water until I can create a segment and start emailing…

I’m running the installation on a www.siteground.com server, if that helps. Installed with Softaculous. But haven’t got a clue why this is a problem, it’s a clean and brand new installation. Help is very much appreciated!

Are you using filters in the segments?

Yes, but even if I use a filter like ‘Last name’ ‘is not empty’ then still no contacts are selected.

Can I help you with more info? Could even give you temporary access if you have an private channel.

I searched further and found somebody else with the same problem: https://youtu.be/Xr0B_8WU_WU. In his case it turned out to be the Cron jobs, but can anybody instruct me how to set these right?

I don’t know if this could help but i’ve heard that on siteground you can run cron jobs only twice an hour.

You can do it under the contact clicking the down arrow to the right of “close” in the top right corner under “Preferences”. The resulting window will have a “Segments” tab.

You can also select all the contacts in the list and clicking the green down arrow to the right of the select all check box in the column header. This will let you “Change Segments”.

Hi David, thanks for this work-around, it works. At least I can start making campaigns based on segments now. But I guess this is not the proper way to do things, because in my segments I now even have contacts that do not match the filter.

Could you check my Cron jobs settings? Should this be o.k.? My Mautic installation is under www.allianceexperts.com/mt

Ok, guys, eventually I found that it was all my own fault, had not configured the Cron jobs correctly. I just followed this guide and it worked: https://mautic.org/docs/en/setup/cron_jobs.html