can't import CSV

i have this message

invalid file type “application/octet-stream”. Use a file that matches of of the following mime types: “text/csv”, “text/plain”.

but i tried a csv file from excel (Mac-Lion) and openoffice. Nothing works??? Someone can help me.

i have this message
invalid file type “application/octet-stream”. Use a file that matches of of the following mime types: “text/csv”, “text/plain”.

but i tried a csv file from excel (Mac-Lion) and openoffice. Nothing works??? Someone can help me.

@Benoitp
Import from excel does not work.
I copied my data from excel and inserted them into Google Spread Sheets then made import to csv. It worked.

Thank you but google spread sheets didn’t work for me. When you have the data in Google spread sheets, do i need to do another action in googlesheet? because the file is in .gsheets

I’m on imac (El capitan) - i haven’t Notepad but i change the encodage to UTF-8 with smultron (edit app)
and i still get the same error.
I tried the same file with InterSpire Email and the import worked well.
Is there incompatibility from Mac users? is it the file ?
need your help to use this

Ok thank you, it worked but only for a part of the file. After waiting 2 hours with a page “Import in progress” with no process.
I’ve been in segment and i see contacts but only 1009 contacts and the file has 2900 contacts???
Do i have to wait longer??? no progress bar…

yes