Can't Install Mautic - Mautic Incompatible w/Latest PHP 7.4

Operating System: Linux Ubuntu 20.04 (LTS) x64

My PHP version is : 7.4 (cli)

Using MariaDB

Updating/Installing Errors
I uninstalled Mautic and tried to re-install it, but it’s basically saying that the latest version of Mautic is still not able to process the latest version of PHP 7.4

These errors are showing in the installer : Yes, when trying to access the web installer.

My problem is :
I’m getting the Mautic incompatible with the latest PHP 7.4 version and to try downgrading to an older version of PHP.

Do I need to try deleting the current version of PHP that I have and re-install an older version, or is there a way to just downgrade the current version without having to delete all PHP? How exactly is this done in Ubuntu on the command line? Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :
I’ve tried to uninstall PHP, but not quite sure which way is best since I’m new to using Linux Ubuntu and the command line.

Any support is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

you would have to install a lower version of php, either 7.3 or 7.2. Disable 7.4 and then enable 7.3.

Remember once you have done this you need to update the mautic.conf file to call the correct version of php.

Best reference: https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubuntu/install-mautic-self-hosted-email-marketing-ubuntu-20-04#comment-109762

Sorry to disagree, best reference:

:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, I got it! It seems to be working now.