Can't update Mautic from V4.3.1 to V4.4.0 via composer

Your software
My PHP version is : 7.4
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable): MySQL 5.7.37

Updating/Installing Errors
I installed Mautic with V4.3.1, and the PHP version is 7.4.
Today I got a notification that I can update to V4.4.0. Then I try to update via composer according to [Installing with Composer | Mautic]

$composer update mautic/core-lib --with-dependencies Do not run Composer as root/super user! See https://getcomposer.org/root for details Continue as root/super user [yes]? y Loading composer repositorUpdating dependencies Nothing to modify in lock file Installing dependencies from lock file (including require-dev) Nothing to install, update or remove Package lightsaml/lightsaml is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use litesaml/lightsaml instead. Package misd/phone-number-bundle is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use odolbeau/phone-number-bundle instead. Package swiftmailer/swiftmailer is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use symfony/mailer instead. Package symfony/debug is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use symfony/error-handler instead. Package symfony/inflector is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use EnglishInflector from the String component instead. Package symfony/swiftmailer-bundle is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use symfony/mailer instead. Generating autoload files 109 packages you are using are looking for funding. Use the composer fundcommand to find out more! Symfony recipes are disabled: "symfony/flex" not found in the root composer.json

Then I check on my website, it’s still V4.3.1.
And I also tried composer update , nothing happen.
Am I something wrong? Please kindly help.
Thank you.

1 Like

Currently, there a bug to update to 4.4.0 via composer

ok, thank you. I will wait until things are ready.

Finally, I find a way to upgrade Mautic without error. Here are the steps:

1. cd ././my-host-web-root #find my host’s root

2. composer self-update #update composer to the latest version

3. git clone GitHub - mautic/recommended-project #clone the latest mautic project

4. cd mail.mydomain.com #enter my website root

5. cp …/recommended-project/composer.json ./composer.json #replace the old composer.json

6. mv ./docroot/app/config/local.php …/local.php #move my website’s local.php to host’s root

7. composer update #upgrade the Mautic

8. mv …/local.php ./docroot/app/config/local.php #move website’s local.php to the right place

9. bin/console cache:clear #clear the cache

With the 9 steps, I upgrade my Mautic successfully.
Hope this can help you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.