Captcha Custom Error Message not showing

I have made a form with a question that needs answering before the form can be submitted using the captcha field type.

I have set a custom error message saying “wrong answer, try again” but it does not show when entering and submitting the wrong answer.

Could there be a reason why this is not showing?

I am stuck without this as I am building an e-learning project.

Thanks

Remove everything from /app/cache/ and try again.

Bump, Can anyone please help?

Anyone? Please can you help?

Can anyone help with this please?

I have even checked my theme css and can see this:

.mauticform-errormsg {
color: #e32 !important;
font-size: 15px
}

When viewing page source, I can see this in the html:

This is required.

I have made a form with a question that needs answering before the form can be submitted using the captcha field type.
I have set a custom error message saying “wrong answer, try again” but it does not show when entering and submitting the wrong answer.

Could there be a reason why this is not showing?

I am stuck without this as I am building an e-learning project.

Thanks

Thanks I just tried that, but after clearing the cache folder I was unable to list any landing pages, or forms, so luckily I backed up the cache folder contents, reuploaded and now they are back. See my other post:
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/4935-pages-forms-not-loading-after-clearing-cache

So the problem still remains that if someone enters the incorrect captch answer, nothing happens, no “Wrong answer, try again” message. So the user may think the form has submitted when it hasnt.

Sigh:(

Hi, I have enventually cleared the cache, but still there is no “custom error message” being shown when entering the wrong captcha answer form field.

Can anyone suggest another solution? I am totally stuck and can not release my project until this is sorted, because people may think they have submitted the form when they have not.

Thanks

Bump, is there really nobody who can help with this?
Surely someone must have experienced the same problem?

bump again

I am having the same problem. I am using the mautic.net hosted solution. The Joomla plugin is pulling in the form properly and tracking properly. I am using the latest version of the Joomla Plugin (as of 7/19/16) and Joomla 3.6.

If the captcha field is answered correctly then the form is processed just fine.

If the captcha field is answered incorrectly then and the form is submitted, the submit button says “Please wait” and then nothing happens. No form submission, no error message. Nothing.

Any ideas or help?

Yes, thats the exact same problem I am having.
I have been asking for an answer to this problem on here for weeks now and nobody has given a solution.
I’ve had to resort to putting a message on the form saying nothign will happen if you input the wrong code, if correct you will continue.
Not very professional and really hoping someone can at least reply with a way to display the custom error message.

Hey Scalar.

Keep in mind that Mautic is Open Source. Volunteer developers have to contribute to fix the code. This forum is one of two forums that support and organize this project. If you go to the Mautic Github you will see a full list of issues bugs and new feature requests. This is the forum that really counts as it is where developers organize the development.

Here is the Bug issue for what we are experiencing:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1467

It was reported in Feb 2016 and marked as a bug on March 1 2016.