Change Menu Labels

Hi; fantastic app! I’m actually looking at possibly using this in a training environment. To that end I’d like to cosmetically change some of the labels used on the menus to use a more relevant terminology for my needs. For example, ‘Users’ instead of ‘Leads’. I’m an old school programmer (Cobol!) and so PHP is very new to me and I just can’t seem to find where to change it. But I’m sure it can’t be that difficult! Thanks. Keep up the great work.

Hi; fantastic app! I’m actually looking at possibly using this in a training environment. To that end I’d like to cosmetically change some of the labels used on the menus to use a more relevant terminology for my needs. For example, ‘Users’ instead of ‘Leads’. I’m an old school programmer (Cobol!) and so PHP is very new to me and I just can’t seem to find where to change it. But I’m sure it can’t be that difficult! Thanks. Keep up the great work.

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback and the encouragement. We would absolutely love to hear more about what you’re doing with Mautic and the use case you’ve found. We’re always looking to grow our community outreach opportunities and it would be great to share this with others!

In answer to your question you should be able to make these changes simply by changing the associated language files. This way you don’t have to edit any “code” necessarily and can make adjustments directly to the strings. You can find these language files in each bundle.

Here’s an example location: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/blob/staging/app/bundles/CategoryBundle/Translations/en_US/messages.ini

Hope this helps!
David

Thanks for getting back so quick. Great - I can see that this would work for messages etc; but what about the labels on the main side navigation bar that appears on each page? I can’t see any reference to that in these file?

Thanks again

Sorry got busy yesterday :slight_smile:
Yes, these are also present in the same file. Many of them will have a naming convention such as mautic.calendar.menu.index

Hope it helps!
David