"Child "companyFields" does not exist." with the vTiger CRM plugin. Contacts are not pushed to vTiger

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.2
My PHP version is: 7.3.27
My Database type and version is: MySQL Community Server 5.7.33
My vTiger version is: 7.3.0

Your problem
Contacts are not getting pushed to vTiger. A 500 error shows in the plugin configuration window when saving the vTiger plugin configuration. However, when reopening the plugin configuration page the field mappings are saved and set correctly .

The vTiger username and access key that I am using in the plugin config are correct, as the Contact Mapping section is displayed.

These errors are showing in the log:

mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Form\Exception\OutOfBoundsException: “Child “companyFields” does not exist.” at /home/…/public_html/mautic/vendor/symfony/form/Form.php line 913 {“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Form\Exception\OutOfBoundsException(code: 0): Child “companyFields” does not exist. at /home/…/public_html/mautic/vendor/symfony/form/Form.php:913)"}

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
Clearing the Company → Primary Company field mapping in the vTiger plugin configuration.

The forms.php file contains the following code around line 913 and the issue looks to be related to this function:

public function get($name)
{
if (isset($this->children[$name])) {
return $this->children[$name];
}

throw new OutOfBoundsException(sprintf('Child "%s" does not exist.', $name));
}

The comments at the top of the forms.php file include the following, however this starts to get beyond my limited understanding of development, i.e. the reference to the ‘children model’ and what I might be able to do as an end user to rectify it.

• To implement your own form fields, you need to have a thorough understanding of the data flow within a form. A form stores its data in three different representations:

• (1) the “model” format required by the form’s object

• (2) the “normalized” format for internal processing

• (3) the “view” format used for display simple fields or map children model data for compound fields

1 Like

Bumping this in case any vTiger users are able to offer suggestions (and thanks in advance for any insight that you’re able to offer!)

1 Like