Clear cache in Mautic 3 via command line not going through

Mautic version
My PHP version is : 7.2
*My MySQL version is 5.7.35

*Processing clear cache via Command Line

These errors are showing in the installer :
Error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes)

My problem is : Unable to clear cache in order to install Recaptcha Plugin for Mautic 3 (from GitHub - KonstantinCodes/mautic-recaptcha: This Plugin brings reCAPTCHA integration to mautic.</ti)

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :

• Clearing var/cache
  • Setting memory limit to -1 in php options in cpanel

You need to restart apache after this to make sure your setting are updated.
J

1 Like

thanks @joeyk

I have the same problem on Mautic 4, no clue what causes it. Even upping my memory requirements to crazy amounts (>1GB) doesn’t help

I get around this by opening the index_dev.php file instead of the index.php, since it clears cache for you. For me, that looks like localhost/mautic/index_dev.php. I believe using something like symfony serve in the command line achieves the same effect, but not 100% sure

Hi,

when I was encounter the issue in different setting, it was due to loading heavy objects into memory. I did not encounter this during the cache clear.

There were cases were cache:clear is not effective, because of this (and the error above) as workaround I would suggest clearing cache like this from Mautic root dir:

rm -rf var/cache/dev/* var/cache/prod/*

I suspect something, could @bradycargle run this command:

php bin/console mautic:plugins:reload --env=prod

and let us know if mempry error still appears? Thanks.

As far as I know running dev mode disables most cache but not all (for example Config/config.php files). So one way or the other you have to clear the cache at some point.