Complete Failure During Email Send

While sending emails Mautic will stop and if I look on at my VPS, storage space starts to balloon until the entire disk is full. Once that happens MySQL crashes and I have to restore from a backup. Today I was able to successfully send my email campaign when on the last email it started again. I stopped sending as soon as I identified it was happening again. Looking at the largest directories on the VPS, I can see that Mautic has created a directory at /app/spool/default that is 8.1 G.

Every time this happens the error log displays the following error:

[DATE] [:error] [pid 14590] [client IPADDRESS] PHP Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/admin/web/domain.com/public_html/app/cache/prod/classes.php on line 423

Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated!

The first thing to fix is permissions issues on the /app/cache and the /app/cache/prod directories. I suspect you installed Mautic with root or another user, instead of the Apache user. Those two directories should be owner/group of apache, and try a chmod of 777 temporarily on both directories. This should be enough to give proper read/write/execute permissions so that the opendir() function can access what it needs to.

I had a similar issue (atleast, the permissions issue not the super sized data issue) that was related to selinux. If you still get permissions errors after the chown and chmod, try disabling selinux (if applicable) and trying again.

While sending emails Mautic will stop and if I look on at my VPS, storage space starts to balloon until the entire disk is full. Once that happens MySQL crashes and I have to restore from a backup. Today I was able to successfully send my email campaign when on the last email it started again. I stopped sending as soon as I identified it was happening again. Looking at the largest directories on the VPS, I can see that Mautic has created a directory at /app/spool/default that is 8.1 G.

Every time this happens the error log displays the following error:

[DATE] [:error] [pid 14590] [client IPADDRESS] PHP Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/admin/web/domain.com/public_html/app/cache/prod/classes.php on line 423

Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much gfxdude2010!