Composer install

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.1.2
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: MariaDB

Your problem
My problem is: first time mautic install via composer.
I’ve never installed Mautic this way. Used to documentation ](How to switch to Composer | Mautic) and everything went pretty smoothly. However, in the last bit you had to update you web configuration to point to the new docroot folder.

I thought the way to do that was to put an .htaccess file in the public_html folder and point to the docroot in that folder… But now I get a 403 error.
Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Piet

When you mentioned pubic_html in your post, I assume you are using cPanel ?

I am facing similar issue where I had no problem installing Mautic zipped but when I switch to Composer install then I have problems and errors on my cPanel …

Can you check your php error log to see if there are errors in it?

Are you using self-hosted server ?

If so what it is referring to is your webserver, so what web server are you using apache2 or nignx ?

You would need to update the web server configuration file in apache2 usually found in something like /sites-enabled and in nginx in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mautic.conf file

I’ve got Mautic running on shared hosting.
So that’s maybe the problem.

How would I proceed next then? Any ideas?

Piet

Managed to do it, however I still get a 404.
Some guys at my hosting looked at it and helped, but said there were no files in the docroot folder for a working website (thought it did…Just to make absolutely sure I’ve enclosed a screnshot of the docroot folder).

Couldn’t get the composer install to work properly. The rootdoc folder is a bit of a pain as well…Went back to 4.1.2 and will wait with updating for a bit :wink:

Thanks for the help!