NEW - Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.4.0"

Your software
My PHP version is : 7.4.30
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable): 10.3.35-MariaDB

Updating/Installing Errors
I am (delete as applicable): Installing
Upgrading/installing via (delete as applicable) : Web

These errors are showing in the installer :
Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version “>= 7.4.0”.

These errors are showing in the Mautic log :

Your problem
My problem is :

I’ve just upload and extract a fresh archive from Download onto my web hosting server. Then, I went to the domain where it is hosted: https://mautic.yj.lu/ and I only see this error

Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version “>= 7.4.0”.
Steps I have tried to fix the problem : Nothing I’m totally beginer with Mautic.
Thank you for your help

If you are 100 % sure you are running php7.4 try installing dependencies with composer install --ignore-platform-reqs

The version is written in PHP My Admin.

how do I input your instructions? Mautic is on a shared Web-hosting service with Planet Hoster

Thank you

php my admin is database tool. Not sure if php version is the one that is written in there.

Anyway if you have shared hosting you should also have something like cpanel or something where you should really be able to see the version of php and all the extensions that are enabled at the moment.

Couple other things:

• In general its best if mautic is hosted on VPS.
  • Since you are using shared hosting I would consider install mautic instance on local machine and then just export the database and adapt app/config/local.php file and put it on the server.

If you are interested I can also offer paid service where I try to setup mautic instance for you (PM me, if interested),

I did this and it doesn’t work. thank you for trying.

Do you know if I can connect with composer remotely?

One thing about shared host is account php does not go by what the default php on the server. On shared host is that each account user can choose what php version they want to use while the server default php may never have been updated to the latest version because it not often used.

Composer detects what is the server default php version not the user’s account php version so it halt the installation due to requirement not met.

You would need to contact your server administrator and ask them if they can change their server default php to a newer version php.

I have seen server still running with default php5 while each account are already running at least php 8.0.+