Contribution via Git

Hi Jeff,

I would like to contribute some code and documentation for Mautic. Unfortunately I am not able to push my local branches back to Git:

Code:
Authentication failed. You may not have permission to access the repository. Open preferences and verify that you're signed in with an account that has permission to access this repository.

This is kind of strange because I can push to other repositories. Any idea? Do the admins have to authorize me first?

Best,
Peter

Hi Jeff,

I would like to contribute some code and documentation for Mautic. Unfortunately I am not able to push my local branches back to Git:

Authentication failed. You may not have permission to access the repository. Open preferences and verify that you're signed in with an account that has permission to access this repository.

This is kind of strange because I can push to other repositories. Any idea? Do the admins have to authorize me first?

Best,
Peter

Hey there Peter, thanks for reaching out. Have you forked Mautic and then provided a pull request referencing the edits from that? I may have misguided you by sharing that you could make those contributions directly.

I thought the workflow to be the following:

1. Pull remote repository from Github to the local computer
  2. Create local branch
  3. Make modifications
  4. Commit locally
  5. Push changes back to Github <-- does not work
  6. Create pull request in Github

I am the opposite of an expert - I have never contributed to a Github project. Did I miss something?

Sorry for the late reply Peter. It seems your question was answered out on Github? Sometimes I guess it helps just knowing where to ask the question. We’re working on a better process for helping community members navigate all of our different homes online.