Custom themes not displaying properly

I’ve tried to create a custom theme for emails & landing pages. I watched every video and read all documentation that I was able to find about it, but am still not getting results. My Mautic is self hosted v2.2.1.

Happened so far: I downloaded the Sunday theme, changed name of folder and theme in the config.json, changed HEX color codes and some default text in several html.twig files, and the css file, which I also renamed according to the theme. Zipped everything and uploaded in Settings - Themes. Got message that installation was completed. Created a new email with the new theme and… Sunday theme appears unchanged.

Did this several times, once with all files in the zip root (“The contents of the zip folder must contain the theme files directly, not in a subfolder”.) This time I got the Blank theme instead of Sunday. I replaced one of the original pictures with a different picture of the same name and got the new picture in the theme, but no other changes.

What am I missing? I’m no developer, I’m a marketing guy that knows enough to find and change the HEX color codes and a bit more. I’d like to think that the promise “Mautic lets you create, design, and distribute unique themes for landing pages and emails.” is also meant for me. Currently Mautic doesn’t let me do this.

Grateful for all help that you’re able to provide!

P.S. How about letting me make all the changes possible in the Builder and let me save the result as a new theme? That would be “Awesome Co”!

I’ve tried to create a custom theme for emails & landing pages. I watched every video and read all documentation that I was able to find about it, but am still not getting results. My Mautic is self hosted v2.2.1.
Happened so far: I downloaded the Sunday theme, changed name of folder and theme in the config.json, changed HEX color codes and some default text in several html.twig files, and the css file, which I also renamed according to the theme. Zipped everything and uploaded in Settings - Themes. Got message that installation was completed. Created a new email with the new theme and… Sunday theme appears unchanged.
Did this several times, once with all files in the zip root (“The contents of the zip folder must contain the theme files directly, not in a subfolder”.) This time I got the Blank theme instead of Sunday. I replaced one of the original pictures with a different picture of the same name and got the new picture in the theme, but no other changes.

What am I missing? I’m no developer, I’m a marketing guy that knows enough to find and change the HEX color codes and a bit more. I’d like to think that the promise “Mautic lets you create, design, and distribute unique themes for landing pages and emails.” is also meant for me. Currently Mautic doesn’t let me do this.

Grateful for all help that you’re able to provide!

P.S. How about letting me make all the changes possible in the Builder and let me save the result as a new theme? That would be “Awesome Co”!

OK, I consulted an in-house developer and clearing Mautic server cache cured the problem.