Custom Email Theme Issue

Your software
My PHP version is : php 7.3.20
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable): 5.7.30-1debian10 (docker image: mysql:5.7)

These errors are showing in the Mautic log : No errors

Error
We have created a new custom Email Theme but when we try to install, it gives the following error

The theme you tried to install is missing the following required files and thus could not be installed: config.json, html/message.html.twig

These files are already in the Theme Directory, but we are still not able to successfully upload the new custom theme.

Can anyone help?

1 Like

Anyone who can help with this issue? Thanks!

Hi, when you upload, you need to have those files in the zip you are uploading.
Upload it by using the Settings - Themes - New option in Mautic.
Just download any theme and see how yours is different.
More info:

1 Like

We followed the exact same process, didn’t work

1 Like

Hello,
A common mistake is, that developers place the files in a directory in the zip. Are you sure your structure is okay?

2 Likes

I see the exact same issue in version 4.3.1. When I download an existing theme by the Mautic team, change one minor thing in the email template, then zip in the exact same structure and try to upload and install, I still get this error:

The theme you tried to install is missing the following required files and thus could not be installed: config.json, html/message.html.twig

It was also reported here as a bug.

The zip file gets uploaded to the themes folder, but is not extracted. Uploading the unzipped folder manually (via FTP) works fine.

Did you keep the folder structure? It’s a common mistake to zip from outside the theme folder…

1 Like

Zipped back up exactly the same as a Mautic teams themes downloaded from the application.

Can you confirm that the file extenstions are properly saved, your editing software didn’t change it?
If it’s all okay, plz send me in PM, I’ll take a look

@joeyk, apologies for my slow follow-up. Windows adds a level to the zip folder when you rezip; blank/blank/etc. If you watch out for that the errors disappear.

So basically what I mentioned in my first comment?

1 Like

Thanks for this. It help to me to fix my same problem

1 Like