DatePicker Options

So I’ve discovered that Mautic’s HTML5 date picker doesn’t work in most browsers. I’m looking at using Modernizr to detect if HTML5 date picker is available, if not, fallback to jQuery/UI calendar. Based off this old thread from 2015, looks like this has been an issue for a while with no resolution yet. Googling it doesn’t turn up much else.

Embed date-picker into forms for browsers that do not support html5 date fields #1217

My question is, if I do a jQuery/UI calendar fallback, will there definitely be issues with it interfering with Mautic?

Alternatively, in Mautic Campaigns the date picker calendar to schedule emails/texts/tweet actions off of works great. Why is it not used as Mautic’s standard date picker instead since so few browsers support the HTML5 date picker at this time?

And how would I go about making it the default if I wanted to use it instead of the jQuery/UI option?

Thanks in advance, hope we can solve this one for everyone!

So I’ve discovered that Mautic’s HTML5 date picker doesn’t work in most browsers. I’m looking at using Modernizr to detect if HTML5 date picker is available, if not, fallback to jQuery/UI calendar. Based off this old thread from 2015, looks like this has been an issue for a while with no resolution yet. Googling it doesn’t turn up much else.
Embed date-picker into forms for browsers that do not support html5 date fields #1217

My question is, if I do a jQuery/UI calendar fallback, will there definitely be issues with it interfering with Mautic?
Alternatively, in Mautic Campaigns the date picker calendar to schedule emails/texts/tweet actions off of works great. Why is it not used as Mautic’s standard date picker instead since so few browsers support the HTML5 date picker at this time?
And how would I go about making it the default if I wanted to use it instead of the jQuery/UI option?

Thanks in advance, hope we can solve this one for everyone!