Editing PHP source question

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.1
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: Maria

Your problem
I’m poking around in app/bundles/NotificationBundle/Controller/AppCallbackController.php to see if I can pass in a contact_id (or other) for lookup rather than an email. But prior to actually making that change, I’m simply modifying the JSON response at the bottom to test that my edit takes effect immediately.

I’ve edited the PHP (and saved it) in my VM on GCP to add the ‘hello_world’ param you see below in the JSON response. But when I use Postman to test, I still see the original JSON response. Which makes me think I need to refresh something somewhere. I’ve restarted apache2 and I’ve cleared the Mautic cache. No affect.

(BTW - if I successfully improve this bit of code I’ll submit a PR…I’m just experimenting first.)

return new JsonResponse([ 'contact_id' => $contact->getId(), 'stat_recorded' => $statCreated, 'push_id_recorded' => $pushIdCreated ?: 'existing', 'hello_world' => '123456', ]);

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

EDIT: had pasted the wrong code snippet

Answering my own question here, probably. I have the Firebase push notification plugin installed, and I think that is registering a different /appcallback. So that’s likely what is going on. I’m editing the wrong one. I’ll need to verify that but wanted to update here before anyone wasted time trying to help me.