Editing source code for landing page

Why does the system edit the code after I’ve pasted it in.

ie. i can’t clone it because if i do, and i edit the code the system does some of it’s code as well.

adding / all over

moving blocks of code around.

Why does the system edit the code after I’ve pasted it in.
ie. i can’t clone it because if i do, and i edit the code the system does some of it’s code as well.
adding / all over
moving blocks of code around.

Are you talking about page or email templates?

Both editors add their own code for various reasons. Emails add their own code converting links to be trackable, so the link needs to be changed. The pages add some code to ensure all the proper HTML tags are added.

Hi Chad.

I’ve added googles remarketing tag at the bottom of the of the body tag, as google requires it to be in the body.
so adding it through the config. with analytics won’t work ( tried it.)

So when i add this tag…

[b]

[/b]

It then only saves this:

[b]

[/b]

How can we get past this?
@escopecz If you have a suggestion it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys for your all your help so far.

I’m trying to do the exact same thing. Did you ever figure out a solution to get AdWords conversion code added to your landing pages?

There should be probably an easier solution, but have you tried copying a theme (rename the folder name and the name in the theme config file) and inserting the code to a theme file? Then use your theme instead of Mautic’s default themes.

The problem I can in code view when editing a template is it removed the entire source code, so it’s blank, I’m sure it was working earlier.

I’m considering not using Mautic for landing pages and just importing the forms into my Joomla site instead, not the best solution as I’d like to keep it altogether but if needs must.