Email simply doesn't work

Your software
My Mautic version is: v3.0.2
My PHP version is: 7.2.33

Your problem
My problem is: that email doesn’t seem to work. Attempted zoho and gmail credentials.

Before getting to the issue;
System Info > Folder & Files are all writable.
Log shows “Today’s Mautic error log is empty. Check server error log for error messages Mautic didn’t have a chance to catch.”
I use 2 Factor for gmail, but ofcouse have an App Password which works fine with outlook and such.

Email Settings - always fails;
Selected Gmail > Test Connection;
Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) (code: 0)
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) (code: 0)

Selected OTHER and attempted to setup my ZOHO account;
With port 465
Connection could not be established with host smtp.zoho.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.zoho.com:465 (Connection refused) Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.zoho.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.zoho.com:465 (Connection refused) (code: 0)
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.zoho.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.zoho.com:465 (Connection refused) (code: 0)
With port 587:
Connection could not be established with host smtp.zoho.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.zoho.com:587 (Connection refused) Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.zoho.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.zoho.com:587 (Connection refused) (code: 0)
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.zoho.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.zoho.com:587 (Connection refused) (code: 0)

OTHER with Gmail, same error with both 465 and 587;
Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) (code: 0)
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) (code: 0)

System Info > Logs still shows “Today’s Mautic error log is empty. Check server error log for error messages Mautic didn’t have a chance to catch.”
mautic/var/logs doesn’t have any new files either.

Hi,
An idea: check if port 587 or 465 are blocked on your server.
Also plz check this:

If you decide to be more serious about emailing, and use a third party SMTP, check this:

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply @joeyk
Ports were indeed blocked! Although my wordpress has been sending out mails just fine!