Emails have stopped sending

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4
My PHP version is: 7.4.33
My Database type and version is: MariaDB 10.3.38

Your problem
My problem is: Emails were being scheduled and sent properly until this week. all of a sudden they stop sending.
I can see the email has been scheduled, (I for example see: "Scheduled to execute at April 4, 2023 4:00 pm UTC ").

The problem is they don’t send, what can be wrong?

Im sending it to spool (not direct).

I get this as output from the cronjob that sends emails:
Triggering scheduled events
32 total events(s) to be processed in batches of 100 contacts
0/32 [>---------------------------] 0%
32/32 [============================] 100%X-Powered-By: PHP/7.4.33
Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

2 Likes

Hello!
Triggering scheduled events will fill up the spool, but are the emails being sent out from there? Do you see emails in /var/spool ?

Hi @joeyk nope, nothing in spool. the email gets scheduled at a date in the future, that date passes and nothing happens. if I undrstand the output from the cron correct, it skips the 32 emails that have been scheduled.

If the spool is not filled up, then campaign:trigger doesn’t do it’s job.
Is it a marketing email? If so, then you have to be sure, that the email was not already sent to this contacts.

• Is the timezone properly set?
  • When you open the campaign and look at the actions on the bottom, do you see the campaign action executed / planned (yellow color) ?

Timezone is set, so the system is set to UTC, Maurtic is set to UTC and all contacts is set to UTC. I see the planned email, but it doesn’t send to spool.

I also changed it to send direct (no date), and I get the “Campaign action triggered”, but no email is sent.

I can only suggest to look in the kb for now:

Hi @joeyk , checked all of that, this is so strange, I have multiple Mautic instances, they are all clones, and one of them all of a sudden just stops working.

I seem to have found what’s wrong, all of a sudden Im getting some error messages (I have played around with the system and changed some things).

Its the “failed-to-read-auto-increment” error that is described here:

Is there a permanent solution to this?

And I think I found a solution, just run: ALTER TABLE email_stats AUTO_INCREMENT =1;

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.