Error while integrating Amazon SES with Mautic

Hey sure, what control panel are you using?
Thx,
Joey

I use a regular cPanel. Does that help?

Yes that helps.
I have fresh a tutorial regarding how to set up crons on cPanel properly. I didnā€™t add it to the mautic knowledge base yet, because it is more about cron jobs, than mautic. But it helps you to understand what is your path, etc:

Let me know if it helped!

Thanks @joeyk . Iā€™ll go through this and respond.

Hey @joeyk

Thank you so much for putting together this guide. It was very informative and it helped me learn a lot.

The issue I am facing isā€¦ the campaign gets triggered. I know this because the ā€œActionsā€ tab in campaigns shows the email as a pending task.

Which means when a contact was added to the segment, the campaign got triggered and created the task of sending the email. I have put in a delay of 1 hr for the email to get sent.

But that email never gets sent. This is where I have reached now. What do you think is happening?

Okay, so segments work, which means probably your cron is set up fine.
Did you publish campaign + email?
Are you sure, that the contact is not someone who went through the campaign once?

Hey @joeyk ,

Okā€¦ hereā€™s whatā€™s happeningā€¦ The contact is a new one so itā€™s not someone who was in the contact list at all.

Secondly, when I try to send an email to any contact directly (single independent email, not part of any campaign) that email goes through. Which means I have set-up Amazon SES right. Which means automated emailing isnā€™t working.

And yes, I have published the campaign + the email.

Is this getting a bit too messy?

Thanks

Can you reach out to me in Slack? Itā€™s just so much more interactive there. Iā€™ll try to fix this for you.

Sureā€¦
How do we connect?

PM sent.
Once we figure out what is the isse, we will share it here.

The problem I had while renewing the SES user in Mautic, was that it was not stored. Mautic returned to the old user. After changing browser from chrome to firefox the new user was stored and SES started working again.

Hey @ascholten , thank you for sharing your experience.
My issues were different.

I realized that I had two issues.
First, the port was incorrect, which I corrected after going through a video link shared by @joeyk .

The second issue was wrong setting up of cron jobs, which, again, @joeyk helped me configure.

Thanks for sharing your experience again.