Help with understanding Marketing Automation

Hi guys,

Could someone point me toward a website or video that explains how you would integrate a landing page service, email campaign service, and Shopify?

Since they’re all on separate websites, or even if you use Mautic and Shopify. How do you do the integration? Mautic has landing pages, Shopify claims they have landing pages. Anyone know how well shopify’s landing pages work and if you can do the tracking that Mautic does?

I have seen the Mautic videos where you place a transparent single pixel gif on a page but am still not sure how that works. He doesn’t really go into detail on the mechanics. He just says place this on the page you want to track. I think I understand but would appreciate someone making it obvious. I would hate to guess wrong and not have it work correctly.

Thank you.

Felix

Hi guys,

Could someone point me toward a website or video that explains how you would integrate a landing page service, email campaign service, and Shopify?

Since they’re all on separate websites, or even if you use Mautic and Shopify. How do you do the integration? Mautic has landing pages, Shopify claims they have landing pages. Anyone know how well shopify’s landing pages work and if you can do the tracking that Mautic does?

I have seen the Mautic videos where you place a transparent single pixel gif on a page but am still not sure how that works. He doesn’t really go into detail on the mechanics. He just says place this on the page you want to track. I think I understand but would appreciate someone making it obvious. I would hate to guess wrong and not have it work correctly.

Thank you.

Felix

Hi,
It depend on what you want to do, You need the pixel code on your whole site and you can see in Mautic dashboard if the pixel code is working. You can get the HTML version of the opt-in form from Mautic and put where ever on you site so it should work if shopify have any done for you landing pages.
If you want to do any actions in Mautic when users have visit a specific page on your shopify site, just put the link to your site in the campaign builder or build an Point Action for it (depending on what you want to accomplish).

best regards
Martin

Hi, I installed the tracking code in the footer area of my Shopify store… It is not tracking correctly… When I check Mautic dashboard, it shows a page hit, but it is not tracking the actual pages that were visited… For the page it shows the actual traxcking URL as the page they visited…

Can anyone provide a quick outline on the best way to install the tracking code in Shopify store?

Have to try to use the JS tracking code?

Of course depending on your case: I would truly suggest looking for a Shopify plugin/service that offers marketing automation features. Ecommerce marketing is very much about next-best-action, e.g. sending product recommendations to your customers. I implemented something like that with many manual stepts. But - although I am a huge fan of Mautic - it is easier to accomplish with a solution that has a built-in offer engine.