Adding tracking code and pixel to Shopify Theme layout

Hello, everyone.

I have added the tracking code (got it from my account on mautic.com) and installed it just below the closing body tag. I also read about needing to add a tracking pixel and added that, too. But, page visit information is not appearing on my dashboard.

I have create and inserted a Mautic form on my site (inserted code into the header and embed the form). That is working perfectly. So, I know the system is working in general.

Any guidance on how to get the page tracking to work? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

• Kevin

Hello, everyone.

I have added the tracking code (got it from my account on mautic.com) and installed it just below the closing body tag. I also read about needing to add a tracking pixel and added that, too. But, page visit information is not appearing on my dashboard.

I have create and inserted a Mautic form on my site (inserted code into the header and embed the form). That is working perfectly. So, I know the system is working in general.

Any guidance on how to get the page tracking to work? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

• Kevin

It looks like my problem was that I was testing the page tracking with my own site visits and I was logged in as the admin. I now know that Mautic does not track the activity of logged in administrators.

• Kevin

I have embed the form on my Shopify page and the form gets stuck on “please wait” once submitted… I have troubleshooted and tried to embed both the iframe and java code and neither work on SHopify… they work just fine when embedded on a Wordpress page…

Any advise?