How mautic migrate to another server?

Hello

We are trying to migrate a mautic already installed and running from one server to another. Backup performed using the web and DB does not work us. What steps should we follow?

We have also tried making a new installation and changing the file bbdd also /app/conf/local.php

Hello

We are trying to migrate a mautic already installed and running from one server to another. Backup performed using the web and DB does not work us. What steps should we follow?

We have also tried making a new installation and changing the file bbdd also /app/conf/local.php

I just answered similar question in the Slack chat so I’ll paste it here as well:

Create the SQL dump, backup (download) the Mautic files. Then, in the new server, import the SQL dump to the new database, upload the files, modify app/config/local.php database credentials to the new database and clear the cache (remove app/cache folder)

1 Like

I’ve done as you instructed. I’m able to login to my new database/Mautic install. However, after modifying local.php to point to my old database, I am unable to login to new-server/mautic. The password works at old-server/mautic/.

I assume this is due to hash keys. I only have one user, so I thought I’d just go into the user’s table and copy it. However, the contents of the two are quite different and I couldn’t make heads or tails of it.

One foolish thing; I did go from old-server:Mautic2.8.?(6, I think) to 2.9.2. My guess was that there wouldn’t have been major changes to the way these things are handled. Am I totally off-base there?

You should have upgraded on the old server before migrating. Did you create a new database and user on the new server? Here’s instructions I put together on how to do it after getting advice from here and stack exchange: Migrate Mautic to a new server

I can confirm that this doesn’t work for me.

I removed my instance of Mautic, backed up the database, and am now reinstalling on the same domain.

After I reimport the DB, update the credentials, and remove cache, I am still prompted with the installer screen and cannot get passed.