How to Run Mautic and personal Website on the same domain?

Your software
My Mautic version is: v2.16.2
My PHP version is: PHP Version 7.1.33-15+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1

Your problem
My problem is:
Hello, I have installed Mautic to my ubuntu server using this instructions https://websiteforstudents.com/install-mautic-on-ubuntu-16-04-18-04-with-apache2-mariadb-and-php-7-1/

When I access my server through Web client using example.com/ it gets redirected to the home folder wich is example.com/s/login/ and I get login window of the Mautic, everything is fine with it and it works like a charm.

What do I need to do to make my Homepage accessible at example.com/ , and what I want after that is that I can manually input example.com/s/login to access the Mautic.

So, when I access my server through example.com/ I want to see my homepage and not Mautic login screen, and I want to be able to manually access the Mautic using adress example.com/s/login . Can it be done on the same domain and how?

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Did you install Mautic on a subdomain?

1 Like

Hi tobsowo. Yes, I’m using mooo.com

This isn’t really a Mautic related question.
It’s a basic question of how to configure VirtualHosts which really belongs on a forum like Server Fault, and not on the Mautic Community Forum. Sorry for not being more helpful but this is really something you should be able to Google as it’s a basic and common question.

1 Like

I was thinking about and mildly understand what is VirtualHosts, but I want to stay on the same subdomain without making another one just for my personal Website.
If that can be done with virtual hosts please point me in the right direction.

Hi

I am not the most technical person and TBH never got this working, but here is a link that might help: https://geekflare.com/multiple-domains-on-one-server-with-apache-nginx/

1 Like

Thanks mikew. It will help in some way or another.

Ok, I made one new subdomain on an existing subdomain and went the VirtualHosts route. I’ll change Mautics web adress to newly created sub-subdomain, and I will set existing old subdomain to be web adress to my personal website.
Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Hello,

It is possible to use both Mautic and, for example, Wordpress (for your pages) in the same hosting.

Choose a hosting provider that allows you to install software with tools like Softaculous.
Siteground had a cheap option with SSH, CRON Jobs and Terminal access based on cPanel. This changed recently, you have to check with them.

Another alternative is to use Liquidweb with WHM + cPanel for greater control.

Steps:
Install Wordpress in your root directory
Install Mautic in the /mautic/ directory

In that case:
example.com will show your wordpress
example.com/mautic will have the mautic install

Best luck,

Alejandro.-

1 Like

Thank you Alejandro.- for the instructions.

I’m using Bluehost, the installation went a OK.
But I am having problem on Email Settings, I tried both elasticemail (yesterday) & amazon ses (today) but both failing on test connection.

sample error:
Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111]

Smpt ports were block by Bluehost? plus worst support :frowning:

Now I am looking for a good shared hosting that could run mautic without a problem.

I am looking at a2hosting and siteground.
Do you have any experience setting up a working Mautic on either of them?

Thanks!

I have Siteground and works like a charm, but I have the “agency VPS”, which includes WHM and cPanel.
Some companies are getting rid of cPanel as cPanel increased licensing prices, so you have to check with them if your hosting selection includes cPanel. If yes, you’ll have access to a x3 o magic_lantern cPanel where you can use Softwaculous for the mautic and wordpress install (remember, mautic in the /mautic subdir), and also Let’s Encrypt, Email, DNS (for DKIM and SPF), CRON jobs and a Terminal for ssh commands (troubleshooting).
Hope this helps.

1 Like

This is the Mautic - SES - Bluehost related forum. You’ll find your answers here.