How you present your ideas

Mate,

there is nothing wrong with the notion behind what you have said around versions X.Y.0 and then X.Y.1 through X.Y.9. Quite the reverse; it is an excellent suggestion.

I think you need to step back and consider how you present your ideas to people. A good idea became lost in a rant about ‘management’, with lots of big fonts and bold type. None of that engenders a desire in people to listen to you.

Take a deep breath, relax, and consider how you reset your relationship with the people here so that it becomes productive for all (including you)

Cheers

Jo

Mate,
there is nothing wrong with the notion behind what you have said around versions X.Y.0 and then X.Y.1 through X.Y.9. Quite the reverse; it is an excellent suggestion.

I think you need to step back and consider how you present your ideas to people. A good idea became lost in a rant about ‘management’, with lots of big fonts and bold type. None of that engenders a desire in people to listen to you.

Take a deep breath, relax, and consider how you reset your relationship with the people here so that it becomes productive for all (including you)

Cheers
Jo

Jo, mate, I know perfectly well how I present my ideas.
Believe me, I’m probably even more aware than you about the way I present my ideas.
So, this is how I deliberately choose to present my ideas and I know perfectly well that the way I do it is not to everybody’s taste.
And in fact, in this particular community probably most people don’t like the way I present my ideas.
I’m well aware of that.

Now, WHY do I choose to present my ideas this way?
Well, that would be an entirely different conversation. And it probably wouldn’t be a short one.

Now, here’s what I recommend you do, mate:

Please start a fresh new thread regarding the topic we both agree on.
My thread is too infested with garbage from off-topic trolls (and me trying to put those idiots in their place).
Plus, as you correctly pointed out, most people in this community don’t like my style.
Not that I personally care about other people not liking my style, but to further the issue in the direction we both would like to see, it would work better if someone who is more polite than me starts a new thread and keeps the tone at a level that’s more acceptable in this community.

You don’t need to give me any credit for this idea in your new thread. I don’t care about any of this crap.
And in fact, it’s probably better if you don’t mention me in your thread at all.
Just start a fresh new thread but ideally with a headline that would attract some attention.
I’ll chime in at some point later and +1 it and hopefully, we’ll manage to get this thing moving into the right direction.

Also, feel free to mention WordPress as an example of a very well working system i.e. a system that’s trusted by business users. Trust is another good keyword to mention. Mautic cannot be trusted by business users because every single new version is virtually guaranteed to break something. Business users cannot utilize something in their business that’s guaranteed to screw up important elements of vital tools in their business.

Mentioning WordPress is good because it can help to shut down those idiot trolls who come with their dumb “free” argument. Those fucking idiots apparently think that just because they get a “free lollypop” they have to be grateful for it even if it’s mixed with elephant dung and horse shit (and tastes accordingly). Those fucking idiots need a forum for kindergarten kids, not a forum for adults.
Anyway, with WordPress (which is also a FREE fucking software) we, business users, have confidence that a minor WordPress upgrade won’t break our fucking website. That’s we, business users, have trust in WordPress.
And when WordPress does a major version upgrade, then we know that we first must test the fuck out of the new major version in a testing environment if we don’t want to break our business website. It is normal for a major version upgrade in WordPress to break things, especially if you have a shit ton of plugins installed like I do.
That makes WordPress predictable and very reliable for business use.
And this is why business users TRUST WordPress.
Mautic is the direct opposite of “reliable” and “trustworthy”.
Probably because it’s run by fucking morons.
You don’t need to be a genius to come with the proposal I came up with.
It is common fucking sense!
Yet, common sense is very uncommon these days.

So, trust and WordPress are 2 very important keywords to mention in your new thread.

Cheers and good luck!
I promise, I’m not gonna curse in your new thread. :slight_smile: