Private Message

Hi @vmajor. I wanted to reach out to you directly and thank you for your feedback. I understand the feelings of frustration when things don’t work the way you expect. It can be very annoying and the temptation is to just vent a bit. I get it. However, if you would in the future direct those comments privately rather than publicly that would be very much appreciated. This way we can keep the public discussion on topic and full of useful information for those developers working on the various issues. When we start to overwhelm threads with our frustrations but not facts or environment specifics that might be helpful in troubleshooting an issue it just gives a bad vibe on everyone involved. :)

Thank you for understanding and please if you have any other ideas, suggestions, or insights into ways we can improve as a community I would be very interested in hearing from you. You may reach out to me at any time… Our goal is to grow this community around an amazing product. That takes both the product and the people. Your passion for excellence will help everyone and I sincerely hope we don’t lose your input in our community!

Thanks,

David

Hi @vmajor. I wanted to reach out to you directly and thank you for your feedback. I understand the feelings of frustration when things don’t work the way you expect. It can be very annoying and the temptation is to just vent a bit. I get it. However, if you would in the future direct those comments privately rather than publicly that would be very much appreciated. This way we can keep the public discussion on topic and full of useful information for those developers working on the various issues. When we start to overwhelm threads with our frustrations but not facts or environment specifics that might be helpful in troubleshooting an issue it just gives a bad vibe on everyone involved. :slight_smile:

Thank you for understanding and please if you have any other ideas, suggestions, or insights into ways we can improve as a community I would be very interested in hearing from you. You may reach out to me at any time… Our goal is to grow this community around an amazing product. That takes both the product and the people. Your passion for excellence will help everyone and I sincerely hope we don’t lose your input in our community!

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

indeed, however:

1. Frustration rises as my questions mount and help/attention does not manifest.
  2. Frustration also rises as just about every integration feature failed. The only one that I managed to activate without failing (yet) is the vTiger integration, but I have not had a chance to test it yet
  3. I actually believe that potential users need to know that there are problems. I run a company, but (lucky me) I also happen to be in charge of our IT strategy so I am constantly on a lookout for new solutions. I do not willingly participate in beta testing as I really have no time or desire for added suffering.
  4. Your version number is 1.1.3. I assume a certain degree of maturity for software in 1.x space.
  5. Provide or point me to the guidelines for bug submissions and I can provide you with whatever information you require, or alternatively how about one of you reply to my increasingly frustrated posts with specific questions that will allow a constructive, productive dialogue.

Cheers,

Victor

Absolutely. All valid points.

1. Let’s get some attention on issues :wink:
  2. Tell me (besides social) what integration problems you’ve faced and what error messages you’ve received.
  3. :slight_smile: Most people despise beta testing (except those sick and twisted gotta-have-it-the-minute-it’s-released type of people)
  4. Agreed. We’ve come a very long ways from 1.0 and we have been fairly stable as a core system. Integrations have proven lately to be a bit trickier
  5. I’ll provide the bug submission guidelines ASAP. I don’t know if they’ve been posted to the issue tracker yet but they should have been!

I definitely want to make sure that Mautic makes your life better and easier. That’s the whole point! If it doesn’t do that then it’s worthless to you and a waste of your time. Hopefully we can restore your faith and demonstrate the power of this product!

Thanks for the open dialogue,
David

Hi David,

thank you for the positive, even jovial reply. I am presently using x2engine on a “Platinum” license. The premise of x2engine is fantastic. The execution lacks however. Many of the nice features are bugged and those that work lead to a dead end - for example the sales pipeline “members” cannot be referenced to create a mailing campaign.

The x2engine UI also sucks really badly. It is horrible.

So Mautic looked promising, but I was beset by all too familiar issues from the get go: great features, most of which do not work as expected, or at all. Mind you I have been evaluating Mautic systematically using my bias - integrations. Perhaps the rest of Mautic works better, but I did not get that far (yet).

1. The new integration failure is with Gmail for email sending. It does not work. I made a post on Github about this. The problem with each failed feature is that I really try to make it work. I want to eliminate user error. This takes time. So to eliminate the possibility that the lack of SSL on my test server was causing the Gmail integration to fail I spent 30 minutes configuring my server to run under self signed SSL. It did not fix the problem. Mautic is broken.

2. I still think your versioning is premature. Version 1.x means that everything works, except in rare circumstances where it doesn’t. Version 1.x has missing features, but what is there works. That has not been my experience with Mautic.

3. Great. That will help and may stop me from wasting my time which if not productive (for example I fixed my problem with Mailchimp by doing the integration in a different way to any other Mailchimp integration I did in the past - your integration requires a creation of a Mailchimp app) frustrates me even more as I see it as a waste. I am OK with user errors as I can fix myself, I am not so OK with Mautic v1.x errors, core (eg. Gmail integration) or otherwise.

Cheers,

Victor

Just as a quick FYI - I’m looking at the Gmail thing you mentioned and I’m also interested in making sure we as a community make things smooth for new users and in the smartest way possible (or more familiar with).

I’ll write a more thorough update after I’ve had some time to review everything!

Have a great rest of your weekend,
David