I found an open source email editor...

Hi guys,

I’m writng because I’ve read a lot about che BEE email editor and beside it’s quality we at Mautic cannot use because it is not open source. I know even that the developer behind this amazing platform have been wordking hard to improve the email and landing page editor and we appreciate that.

But I think that each project could aim to improve what is doing best, so I would like to know if there are any plan on change the email/landing editor…

I found Mosaico that looks kind of cool, what do you think about?

Hi guys,
I’m writng because I’ve read a lot about che BEE email editor and beside it’s quality we at Mautic cannot use because it is not open source. I know even that the developer behind this amazing platform have been wordking hard to improve the email and landing page editor and we appreciate that.

But I think that each project could aim to improve what is doing best, so I would like to know if there are any plan on change the email/landing editor…

I found Mosaico that looks kind of cool, what do you think about?

Same topic https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/4610-integrate-this-great-open-source-email-editor
@kuzmany - have you see mosaico in action?

@Andrea and @kuzmany - I’m with Andrea on this. Even the Mautic 2.0 email editor is a far cry from something like BEE. Andrea, have you setup Mosaico? I’m more of a front end dev and using Grunt and the likes makes me want to go crazy because I don’t understand it all. Do you have any installation steps to get Mosaico running on your server?

For email editor too?

I hope the Froala editor is disabled permanently as it is gawd awful.

What is the point of an editor that removes perfectly good markup and replaces it with junk. It pretty much makes the email campaign templates useless unless they are very and I mean very basic. Surely there must be an option to use raw HTML instead of this editor.

Before Froala
Before Froala

After Froala
After Froala

3 points

Themes never update even when I delete the whole prod folder so where are old version of the theme that keep coming back coming from???
What is this mysterious /s/ folder that i cannot find as they all seem to reside in that folder…???
How can I generate a text version of the email if the content editor cannot parse twig f=directives in templetes??

What is wrong with mosaic then?

Hi @theatereleven unfortunatly I don’t have enogh time to test Mosaico and include it in Mautic… There are other OS project that I am following and helping with and beside them I have my business to run too so at the moment will be very difficul for me. If you want to try it out there’s the online demo here: https://mosaico.io/

Anyway @kuzmany I am not saying that the editor is bad, the thing that I’m sayng is that (has pointed out from the comment on GitHub that you’ve linked) I think that Mautic should focus more on what it’s doing best (marketing automation) and use other open source tools (like Mosaico) that will help it include functionalities that are not the main focus of the platform.

That’s the same with WordPress for example, they use the TinyMCE editor because the developer team does not want to reinvent the wheel. Same here…

I think there are many open source project that could help the Mautic developer to focus only on marketing automation and improve it if needed, at the same time I do not want to say that this work is not good; I can’t say something like that. Will be unrespectful.

@magician thanks for the link and sorry for the duplicate :wink:

Hello,
Yes it’s not open source but a nice free solution.
Give it a try New editor Beefree.io plugin for mautic available for tests

1 Like

Thanks so much. I installed the plugin today and it’s a breath of fresh air. Took a while to figure out all the details needed, and I don’t understand how to connect to the templates, but it’s SO nice to use and is fully responsive. Love it. Looking forward to being able to add variable contact fields and firm’s into the email body to allow customisation. Thanks again for developing this plugin.

1 Like