if (contactIdentified) then

Hi guys,

I am going to skip the paragraph how Mautic opened a whole new world to me and proved to be everything I dreamt of … yeah, that.

I’ll ask a specific question - how could I determine (on my website) if the contact who’s browsing the webpage has already been identified (i.e. left his/her email) or not? I have no problems writing a custom service, looking at the tables in MySQL and extracting those data out forming a nice JSON.

I just don’t know what to look for - the included mtc.js obiously generates some GUID to bind a visitor to a unique contact in mautic (probably based on IP and user-agent string, I presume?).

Should I explain further on, or have I made my question clear enough so that someone could give me a tip?

Thanks and Best regards,

Denis

PS: why I need this? I’d like to open a popup with a Mautic form to every visitor that has not been identified yet, asking him/her for the email. So I want to code a JS that first looks into Mautic’s SQL to see if the leads is anonymous or not, and if anonymous it will trigger the popup. I haven’t found an easier way to do this.

Hi guys,

I am going to skip the paragraph how Mautic opened a whole new world to me and proved to be everything I dreamt of … yeah, that.

I’ll ask a specific question - how could I determine (on my website) if the contact who’s browsing the webpage has already been identified (i.e. left his/her email) or not? I have no problems writing a custom service, looking at the tables in MySQL and extracting those data out forming a nice JSON.

I just don’t know what to look for - the included mtc.js obiously generates some GUID to bind a visitor to a unique contact in mautic (probably based on IP and user-agent string, I presume?).

Should I explain further on, or have I made my question clear enough so that someone could give me a tip?

Thanks and Best regards,
Denis

PS: why I need this? I’d like to open a popup with a Mautic form to every visitor that has not been identified yet, asking him/her for the email. So I want to code a JS that first looks into Mautic’s SQL to see if the leads is anonymous or not, and if anonymous it will trigger the popup. I haven’t found an easier way to do this.

…or I should just use the provided Focus Items I have just discovered instead.