Increase character limit for custom field Text Area in Mautic 2.X?

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.16.2
My PHP version is: PHP Version 7.2.29
My Database type and version is: Not sure where to find this and if relevant?

Your problem
My problem is:
So I have 3 Mautic instances but for reasons I won’t extend in this thread (API Incompatible with Integromat in 3.X and 4.X), I somewhat need to use my Mautic 2.16.2.

Unfortunately, what works without any hiccup in 3.X and 4.X does not work in 2.16.2 . And that is trying to cram >10k characters in a custom field of “Text area” type.

So my question is, do you all know anything about being able to increase this character limit? I need it to be as big as possible.

These errors are showing in the log:

[2022-04-17 18:50:46] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: "An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE ma_leads SET dailyjson = ? WHERE id = ?' with params "the message was here", 166]:  SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x9B\xA0\xEF\xB8...' for column 'dailyjson' at row 1" at /opt/bitnami/apps/mautic/htdocs/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 115 {"exception":"[object] (Doctrine\\DBAL\\Exception\\DriverException(code: 0): An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE ma_leads SET dailyjson = ? WHERE id = ?' with params 'THE MESSAGE WAS HERE I DELETED IT FOR LEGIBILITY' for column 'dailyjson' at row 1 at /opt/bitnami/apps/mautic/htdocs/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php:115, Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDOException(code: HY000): SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\\xF0\\x9F\\x9B\\xA0\\xEF\\xB8...' for column 'dailyjson' at row 1 at /opt/bitnami/apps/mautic/htdocs/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOStatement.php:107, PDOException(code: HY000): SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\\xF0\\x9F\\x9B\\xA0\\xEF\\xB8...' for column 'dailyjson' at row 1 at /opt/bitnami/apps/mautic/htdocs/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOStatement.php:105)"} []

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Not much to be honest. The same string is pasting and saving completely fine on 3.X and 4.X so I’m really hoping to make it work as is with 2.X. Anyone have any clue on how I could go about this :confused: ?

Okay it’s me again, the OP. I found out why I could not connect to Mautic’s API through Integromat on my 3.x and 4.x instances. I just needed to clear the cache… I’ve done that now and I can use my 4.x for the purpose that I originally intended so I don’t need to find a way to increase the character limit on 2.x . This topic can be closed unless someone knows the solution and would like to add it here so that future users might find it through Google. However I doubt there are many 2.x users still :o