I came accross this problem today and the extended fields plugin doesn’t work properly with 4.1. anymore.
Also I needed a specific action which was introduced in Mautic 4.1 - send email to user with token support. This is not possible if the token would be one from the extended fields plugin - because the token alias gets looked up inside the “lead” table and not inside “lead fields” table.
I took a deeper look into the actual problem in the database:
Text fields get inserted into the database as “varchar” and the character number -
- system fields are defined as varchar with 191 characters
- new text customfields are varchar with 255 characters
The mysql limitation is that a table can not exceed 65,535-byte row size.
This means you can create as many fields until you hit the 65,535-bytes.
Therefor you can:
- change the varchar characters to the actually needed size:
(i.e if you only need the words red or blue you could limit the characters to 4 - because blue has only 4 characters)
- or you change the fields to text instead of varchar - but this makes them non-indexable - means the search for something in the database gets a lot slower.
I changed most of my fields to a varchar character value of 99 or 49
after i did that with almost 100 fields I was able to insert all the other fields I needed