Incredibly slow response times

Hello!

I am currently hosting on MediaTemple’s grid service, and I installed Mautic. The installation went well and everything is complete, however I am getting ridiculous load times (like 30+ seconds). Toggling a field, for example, takes 30-40 seconds. I’ve looked for performance tips for Symfony and have made the following changes to my php.ini, but I haven’t noticed any kind of an improvement:

Code:
realpath_cache_size = 4096k realpath_cache_ttl=7200 open_basedir = none

I also don't have safemode on or xdebug installed.

Any thoughts? I'm excited to experiment with the software, but waiting 30 seconds between clicks is starting to make me pace around my office.

Thanks.

Hello!

I am currently hosting on MediaTemple’s grid service, and I installed Mautic. The installation went well and everything is complete, however I am getting ridiculous load times (like 30+ seconds). Toggling a field, for example, takes 30-40 seconds. I’ve looked for performance tips for Symfony and have made the following changes to my php.ini, but I haven’t noticed any kind of an improvement:

realpath_cache_size = 4096k realpath_cache_ttl=7200 open_basedir = none

I also don’t have safemode on or xdebug installed.

Any thoughts? I’m excited to experiment with the software, but waiting 30 seconds between clicks is starting to make me pace around my office.

Thanks.

Yeah, there’s no way I would use anything with that kind of delay! :slight_smile: I haven’t heard of anyone else with these 30 second plus between clicks so there is definitely something “erroring” out along the way. We may need to hear more about your server setup and also check your app error logs to see what might be going on.

I doubt that your server is not powerful enough. We’ve written Mautic to run on minimal server settings and shared hosting environments without any issues. My guess is there is an error that is being thrown or a resource not loading and thus causing a delay in the request processing.

Are you comfortable looking at your server’s error logs?

Thanks,
David

Of course. How would you like me to get those to you?

And what logs would be helpful? Can I email them?

Hi Brendan,

You can email them to me at alan.hartless@{this-site}.org or join us on Slack (https://www.mautic.org/get-involved/group-chats) then you can PM us.

Are all pages having that kind of response or only certain ones or after certain actions (like submitting a form)?

Thanks!
Alan

Private support is fine, but it would be interesting for the community to know why it was slow too. Could you report us the final point please?

cool @zenzozen :wink:

Im experiencing this for a long time, but now i cant use mautic anymore. Any request is having a delay ( using dashboard, creatinh forms, campaigns, loading a mautic form on a landing page, preview email, etc)

Im using self hosted, on a very good dedicated server

• we have 220.000 contacts
  • integrated via API (made a RoR library version) so when people sign in in our site, its two-way synchronized
  • 1000 contacts added or updated by API per day
  • have few active campaigns with simple triggers only for subscriptions and very specific segments
  • cron jobs are setup by recommendations of mautic support / docs / forum
  • mautic comes and go, specially after campaign sendind emails

Update: we were using 1 core - 1gb RAM server for the database and upgraded to a better one.
Its solved, but we will try some optimal config for the reason of costs.

I have the same issue. Takes 30 plus seconds simply to get to the Channels>Emails screen and I usually have to click it 3-4 times to even get this kind of response. I’m on a very powerful server with lots of RAM so this can’t be it. It is on a Windows server - could this be the issue?

I’m also experiencing some serious slowness with Mautic. I’ve managed to somehow fix the problem with the web interface, its very snappy (most of the time) . I had to remove the cache folder several times during the process and I also don’t use .htaccess files (apache is known to slow down due to the them). I’ve moved the rules to my apache config file.

Despite that, mautic campaign processing is slow to the point of being useless. Processing a campaign with only 85,000 contacts on it will take way over 4 hours.
I saw other people relating the same. Someone with over 1mil contacts took 2.5 days to finish processing the campaign trigger.
Are we all doing something wrong?

@MxyzptlkFishStix
Its not a matter of list size. The thing is we’re trying to replace our current marketing tools with Mautic, so we have to import our own lists. I could import just a part of the list to make it smaller but I don’t see the point.

Can you tell us more about the hardware? How much memory is in the server? Do you have access to any performance analysis tools? Is it swapping to disk? Disk drive errors? You on a shared host or have your own server?

The more information you can provide us about the setup the better.

Also, have you setup the slow query log on MySQL? If not, you should. Check out the Percona toolkit, specifically pt-query-digest.

Sometimes OPcache is disabled on the cli, you should check that.
Beside that Mautic has that weird concept of sleep times built in: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/blob/556f4e4969ad9124106dcb9535a5704d863665fc/app/bundles/CampaignBundle/Model/EventModel.php#L618
That will basically introduce artificial wait time into your process, so I would recommend to set that to zero so you make use of all the CPU power you have.

app/config/parameters_local.php

<?php
$parameters = array(
    'batch_sleep_time' => 0,
);
1 Like

Do you mean creating a file in app/config/parameters_local.php with that parameters? Or change it in /app/bundles/CampaignBundle/Model/EventModel.php ?

[quote=23894:@wittwerch]
That will basically introduce artificial wait time into your process, so I would recommend to set that to zero so you make use of all the CPU power you have.

app/config/parameters_local.php

[code]

<?php $parameters = array( 'batch_sleep_time' => 0, ); [/code][/quote]

I have one Mautic Installation now for a client and it is super slow to browse into /s/emails takes like 3-5minutes