Installation Issue: Error code

I unzip the package and then uploaded the files to my desired location. This took a long time to do and I got several notifications from my FTP server saying “file already exists, overwrite?”, to each I said yes.

Once it was finally complete, I then went to the destination index.php file and got the following error:

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in E:weblead2crmcomhtdocsmapindex.php on line 30

Any ideas?

I unzip the package and then uploaded the files to my desired location. This took a long time to do and I got several notifications from my FTP server saying “file already exists, overwrite?”, to each I said yes.

Once it was finally complete, I then went to the destination index.php file and got the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in E:weblead2crmcomhtdocsmapindex.php on line 30

Any ideas?

Do you have git? It would probably be easiest to use that method to install it… I assume with the “E:” that you are doing this on a windows machine.

Here’s the local github application: https://desktop.github.com/
And the repo: https://github.com/mautic/mautic

Once you install the App it should let you pull it down pretty seamlessly

It’s a windows server, yes; however, I do not host it. I just have FTP access. Can GitHub handle all of this via FTP?

I believe PHP 5.3, but I can update all the way through 5.6 if need be

GitHub is not supported by my webhost.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Have you considered using a free account on mautic.com? (I think it’s limited based on certain volumes)… also, you could snag a free tier server on AWS and use the Bitnami image there to get Mautic up and running pretty darn fast (that’s what I did).

It sounds like a hosting issue to me, and the way that they have their servers configured.

I actually did create a free account to test drive the tool and now I decided I would like to host it. I am in the marketing automation industry and I would like to host this platform on my own server and get the expanded capability.

Definitely check out AWS then… I’m using SES to process the outgoing sending. I will send about 12 to 15 million e-mails in the next 6 months, and all for less than a hundred bucks per month in AWS server costs.

PM me if you’d like help setting it up.

I already updated it, but earlier today, I deleted my whole mautic folder, so I’m reinstalling it now. I was afraid some of those files might have been corrupt, anyway.

In my upload process, i saw the file, “Dashboard Controller” triggered and asked me to overwrite. Sounds odd to me considering this is a clean install, again.

Just to follow up here, there was corrupt files on upload.

I’m having exactly the same problem after uploading the latest Mautic to my server and then browsing to index.php:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in D:Hosting9673130htmlmauticindex.php on line 30

I uploaded the application files to my server via FTP, had about 20 errors during the process, and retried them all with apparent success.

Update: I deleted all files from the server, and re-uploaded the files. I still get the same error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in D:Hosting9673130htmlmauticindex.php on line 30