Installations fails, missing bootstrap.php.cache

Hi Mautic Team

I try to install your applicaiton on cloudways servers but the installer is not working. The error log shows the following message:

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/docroot/public_html/mautic/app/bootstrap.php.cache’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear’) in /home/docroot/public_html/mautic/index.php on line 16

I have set the App Directory on 775. Do you have any hint for me?

Thanx a lot.

Regards, Christoph

Hi Mautic Team

I try to install your applicaiton on cloudways servers but the installer is not working. The error log shows the following message:

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/docroot/public_html/mautic/app/bootstrap.php.cache’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear’) in /home/docroot/public_html/mautic/index.php on line 16

I have set the App Directory on 775. Do you have any hint for me?

Thanx a lot.

Regards, Christoph

Hi Camenisch:

Sounds like you are missing some files! Check out this thread:

https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/312-install-through-ftp

Where C0nartist had the same issue. Try re-uploading the files and trying again.

Hi Chad

I have read that tread and checked all the files. htaccess, etc. is there. I have compared your ZIP File and the server. 3606 Files on both sides…

Any other idea?

Thanx, Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Can you check and see if the file actually exists?

Hi Chad

No. The File does not exist. It should be generated during runtime, right?

Hi Christoph:

Actually no - that file is included in Mautic’s stable build, so it should be in the zip you download. Here’s a screenshot:

OK… strange. I’ve downloaded from github. What would be the correct download link?

Hi Camenisch:

Okay so that’s the problem - downloading from github is a different installation process!

If you’re downloading and running Mautic to run you should use download we put here:

https://www.mautic.org/download

That is a “built” package. It includes the cache file and all of the composer vendor libraries we use in it, it’s very different from the version on Github.

If you want to be a developer and modify Mautic’s source code, you can use the Github version, but you will have to install Composer (getcomposer.org) and follow the install directions on the github page.

This will get it all worked out for you!

Silly me! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

No problem! Let me know how it goes.

And - since I think both you and that other user had the same issue, what can we change / put up a notice on the difference? I want to make sure we make it really clear that there’s two versions available. Where’d you get tripped up with it?

Actually the reason for me for downloading form github was the Register Form on your Download page :slight_smile: and the fact that I was not able to download with wget. I always got an SSL error…

It was not clear for me, that i should download a builded version. Maybe you should build your download site more like that: https://wordpress.org/download/ for example. You could then also provide builds of different releases on that page.