Install through FTP

Hey everyone… I’m having a really hard time installing Mautic, and I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing wrong. My client wants it hosted on their domain (essentially theirdomain.com/mautic), and I tried installing the whole Mautic onto the server, and after it finally getting completely uploaded, I visited the subdirectory in hopes that it would load the web installer , and an error was rendering on line 67. I’m not sure what I’m doing truthfully, and would appreciate the help. I’m assuming there is more to this than just uploading all of the files via an FTP client? Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone… I’m having a really hard time installing Mautic, and I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing wrong. My client wants it hosted on their domain (essentially theirdomain.com/mautic), and I tried installing the whole Mautic onto the server, and after it finally getting completely uploaded, I visited the subdirectory in hopes that it would load the web installer , and an error was rendering on line 67. I’m not sure what I’m doing truthfully, and would appreciate the help. I’m assuming there is more to this than just uploading all of the files via an FTP client? Thanks everyone!

Hi c0nart1st:

Can you add more to the error you got? It should have referenced a file and given some more detail. (Line 67 could becoming from anywhere!).

The install process should be pretty simple though! Upload via FTP, make sure you have the right file and folder permissions so that files can be written securely, and then you’ll need a database that you can use for Mautic.

Once you run the installer (hopefully you’ll get that far!) you’ll see it asks for the database connection details and completes the installation. Then you’ll get a username and password and be able to login and start using it.

Make sure your server has all the server requirements for Mautic too. There’s a list of them here:

https://www.mautic.org/download/requirements

Hey Chad,

I meet all of the requirements as far as I’ve checked, and I reuploaded it to the server and I’m receiving the following error:

[code]Warning: require_once(/home4/doublem/public_html/WebSites/navarrodentalgroup/mautic/app/bootstrap.php.cache): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/doublem/public_html/WebSites/navarrodentalgroup/mautic/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home4/doublem/public_html/WebSites/navarrodentalgroup/mautic/app/bootstrap.php.cache’ (include_path=’.:/opt/php54/lib/php’) in /home4/doublem/public_html/WebSites/navarrodentalgroup/mautic/index.php on line 16[/code]

It can be found at navarrodentalgroup.com/mautic/

Thank you,

Conor

Looks like the cache isn’t being built then. Can you make sure the app/cache directory is created and writable by the web server?

It wasn’t created. I created the app/cache directory and gave it 777 permissions. Still rendering the same error.

Ah shoot. it’s trying to do that in the app directory. Can you make that writable as well?

For reference - you should not really use 777 as that means it’s unsecured. You should be configuring php to run as the apache web server user so that it can write to files and folders without making them 777.

Hey Chad, I changed the app directory as well and I’m still encountering the same error. Thank you for your help so far by the way!

Thanks,

Conor

It’s still not able to write then. can you give me a run down on your server set up? I’m assuming apache? Are you running FastCGI mode for php? that will usually solve the writable issue because it sets php to run as an apache module.

Hey Chad,

I sent you a link with the server information privately, perhaps that can offer a bit more insight?

Thanks,

Conor

Okay I checked that out.

So you are running FastCGI for PHP. This should work.

Did you get the installer ran ? It should be directing to the installer at this point. Is the .htaccess file there? If you haven’t ran the installer yet it should be redirecting to the installer app. I should be able to hit the installer by going to your domain.com/mautic/installer, which is currently just 404ing for me.

I have been unable to move beyond the index page rendering the error above. I just tried showing the hidden files back up in the mautic directory, and I don’t seem to have it uploaded. I just checked my master copy of Mautic I downloaded the other day, and it doesn’t seem to be there either!

Hmm. Its definitely in the download:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s42/sh/e3287063-97d1-443d-8814-b6e55eee6fec/3ccbe2384b560dc3bf6e62ef3174b8c0

You can pull the contents from here:
https://github.com/mautic/mautic/blob/staging/.htaccess

I put it in the /mautic directory and still nothing. :frowning:

Although I’m now getting the same error at /mautic/installer, as opposed to the 404error.

So I think you’re actually missing files. Turns out that the app/bootstrap.cache.php file is actually not generated like cache is. That file should be in the download like .htaccess:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s42/sh/259a88d1-9a15-4020-aeb8-559cf96d6fb3/2a674860c06ca2a75773040bf2c54c93

Can you delete your install and re-upload everything? I’m worried you might be missing random things throughout which will just cause tons of problems. Re-download from mautic.com/download and get everything uploaded.

Surely I’ll give it a try. It might take a minute, so I’ll get back to you as soon as I can! Thanks Chad!!

Wow ok, I was missing a bunch of files. The upload size went from around 19MB to 54+

Chad we are good to go! Thank you for all of your help!!!

Awesome! Glad to hear it! Let us know what you think of Mautic.