Offline screen on installation

I am trying to install mautic on my VPS under sub domain.

Have unzipped the file 1.1.3.zip that was provided at the time of download. Whenever i am pointing my server to index.php i am getting offline page.

and when checked the server error logs it shows

exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unable to create the cache directory (/home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/cache/prod)n’ in /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/bootstrap.php.cache:2587nStack trace:n#0 /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/bootstrap.php.cache(2548): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Kernel->buildContainer()n#1 /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/AppKernel.php(222): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Kernel->initializeContainer()n#2 /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/AppKernel.php(69): AppKernel->boot()n#3 /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/index.php(38): AppKernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request))n#4 {main}

I have given the permission of 777 to the app folder, cache folder(which did not exsits) and prod folder

I am trying to install mautic on my VPS under sub domain.
Have unzipped the file 1.1.3.zip that was provided at the time of download. Whenever i am pointing my server to index.php i am getting offline page.
and when checked the server error logs it shows

exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unable to create the cache directory (/home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/cache/prod)n’ in /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/bootstrap.php.cache:2587nStack trace:n#0 /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/bootstrap.php.cache(2548): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Kernel->buildContainer()n#1 /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/AppKernel.php(222): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Kernel->initializeContainer()n#2 /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/app/AppKernel.php(69): AppKernel->boot()n#3 /home/wiire/domains/mautic.wiire.me/public_html/index.php(38): AppKernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request))n#4 {main}

I have given the permission of 777 to the app folder, cache folder(which did not exsits) and prod folder

Hi!

Thanks for the question, I believe there are others that have experienced similar types of problems in the past so it’s nothing unique to you I don’t think. You will need to check and see who is the “owner” of the app/cache folder. This folder should be owned by your web user (or the apache user) typically this is www:data on most VPS. Start here and make sure that user had write access. You do not want to have 777 for directory permissions. :slight_smile: Gotta keep it safe!

By the way, nice job starting with checking the error logs and getting the details to post here! It hopefully makes things much smoother for everyone.

Hope this helps!
David