Is anyone using Mautic's built in calendar

I prepared the pull request removing the bundle. One more perk is that we’ll save 8% on JS and CSS file size.

1 Like

As far I am concerned, Mautic is a MAS (Marketing Automation System or Service). I am not sure how having calender on it fit into all this since it more of a personal uses like having it in Outlook, Gmail or mobile device makes more senses than having it on a system that operates mostly in the background.

I got way too many calendar to deal with already and lucky all but 2 can sync with each other and I would much rather save resource on MAS than add something that not high in demand.

In my opinion Mautic’s calendar should contain only contact’s notes with visible rule: show only mine/my contacts notes.

In future this could be synch with Google Calendar.

I’m not aware of any of our customers using the Calendar - just feedback that it’s not helpful. I’m in favor of removing it for now.

In the future, I do think we should bring the Calendar back, assuming it does get removed now. A few changes I’d like to see:

• If a segment email, SMS, push notification, or any other channel is scheduled to send at a specific time, show that schedule on the calendar.
  • If campaigns or any other items are scheduled to be published or unpublished at a specific time, show those schedules on the calendar
  • If there are a particularly high number of campaign events scheduled to execute on a particular day or time, show those events on the calendar. This may need to be configurable per instance and possibly even per campaign. Or, a standard percentage might be better than a hard number. For example “40% of the contacts in campaign ID 1 are scheduled for X event to execute on July 8, 2022 at 2:30pm EDT”

Event types should be filterable, so perhaps only scheduled segment emails would appear. That could help clean up the calendar a bit. I’ve worked with other customers who use tools like SFMC and they regularly use the calendars there to see what’s scheduled to happen - even if an email isn’t actually ready to go.

For more of a future vision, we could enable users to set due dates on any message so those could appear on the calendar - with a warning if the message hasn’t been scheduled.

Another further future idea - users could click on a date and create a message or campaign as an event, which would then create a campaign, email, SMS, etc. as a placeholder. This would help marketers plan their calendars from within Mautic, then once the calendar is set they can create any items necessary. If a campaign has a set time period over which it’ll run, all items within the campaign (or Program, if that feature comes around) could be linked from a pop-up modal when someone clicks the event on the calendar to make it easy for reviewing & editing.

3 Likes

I agree right now it is not that friendly hence useful.
However, as someone pointed out earlier on this can be somehow required by some customers interested in keeping track of events (meaning even physical ones) it is rather handy to have it all in one place, especially for small medium-sized companies nowadays rather than having to juggle marketing, CRM etc… on different tools.
Some other competitors have this feature/module or whatever you want to call it and it can give them the edge as they keep integrating more marketing/sales widgets and tools so Mautic will then become less relevant/competitive in the future.

The calendar is very useful for managing event reminders, notes or even having a view of upcoming scheduled campaigns.

Of course you can do this in an application or an external calendar, but multiplying application solutions becomes difficult to manage in a team-managed workflow.

1 Like

I am new and do not see its use. Its not immediately obtainable as to its use.

Hey, my team has just accepted to leave SalesForce after spending too much money and effort :partying_face:.
Now we are looking at Mautic among others.
However the main blocker is that it doesn’t have a calendar to view and add appointment with our clients, which is a basic.
I have tested Mautic 2 with the calendar and indeed–the way it was presented–it wasn’t obvious how to use it.

Because we cannot do without that basic feature, do you have any solution to display a calendar view (3rd party I suppose) of events with our clients?

Hi there! Awesome that you’re moving to Mautic from Salesforce!

The calendar was removed in Mautic 5, it would need to be an external plugin if folks wanted to develop it going forward, and would need some careful planning. It simply did not scale at all well because it would show every single scheduled decision on the calendar which is very pointless.

I recommend you open a new thread in the 3rd Party Addons category and see if someone might be interested in scoping this out with you!

a calendar to view and add appointment with our clients, which is a basic.

@vinyll are you sure this is a basic feature for marketing automation? Isn’t it more suitable for CRM?

But if you have a use case for making automations based on some appointments, I’d suggest to do a custom plugin as Ruth suggested. You can even take the CalendarBundle that was removed in Mautic 5 and update it for your needs if you don’t want to start from scratch. But today, I’d rather build an integration with Goole calendar or whatever you use in your company already and just used the data from such calendar in Mautic to trigger automations.

1 Like