Is it really useful the campaign builder?

Hi Community!

I am needing desperately your help to understand what are really the advantages to use the campaigns and the builder.

I wanted to build something really simple sending 4 emails and tracking open rates and clicks to assets and external links.

The problem popped up when I wanted to create the whole workflow seeing that you can never join paths.

So you have problems like the following

• If somebody doesn’t open my first email for example, I want to send him or her a new email, something really similar to the first one but with some slight variants at the body and in the subject to get a second chance of sucess.
  • I created then, variants for each of the 4 emails in case they are not read.
  • If he or she didn’t open the first email or its variant. I still want to send him or her the email #2 (to everybody, to those who saw and who didn’t see my first email or its variant).
  • At the very end I want to discover what are the most successfull paths in my workflow, and some could have or not read one or several emails I am sending them.
  • As I have 4 emails with their variants (four more) in the current builder I basically need to split for each condition (or receiver decision) where I ask if he or she opened every email, it is meaning many dozens of paths for each yes and no for each original or ‘variant’ email.
  • Many dozens.

But things get even worst if I want to track in the campaign who did or did not download an asset
  • I don’t know (honestly) if I am doing right but for example some emails contain a link to a youtube video. I ‘uploaded’ those links as an asset so I use the asset’s URL for tracking.
  • But I also want to upload pdf that will be sent by other emails so my concern still remains.
  • If I have already enough complexity with dozens of paths only forking by emails open, adding the condition of tracking whether an asset was or not clicked means even more! because
  • firstly one green (decision) box cannot follow another green box
  • and secondly because they add even more yes/no paths to fill with the repeated following story.

Don’t know what to do. I created a new campaign as a workaround where I just dragged and dropped the campaign segment, I put the first email scheduled to a fixed date and the rest 3 emails as “after 5”, 10 and 15 days.
  • The problem with this is that I cannot follow what has been clicked, opened or downloaded.
  • And the after 5, 10 and 15 days I don’t know if they are counted from when the campaign was published or from the first email with the fixed date.
  • Of course no variants are used at this workaround.
  • I would love your help. I have been really struggling with this the last days. Too many things seems always simpler that they really are at the end.

All the best,

Gerónimo

Hi Community!

I am needing desperately your help to understand what are really the advantages to use the campaigns and the builder.
I wanted to build something really simple sending 4 emails and tracking open rates and clicks to assets and external links.

The problem popped up when I wanted to create the whole workflow seeing that you can never join paths.

So you have problems like the following

• If somebody doesn’t open my first email for example, I want to send him or her a new email, something really similar to the first one but with some slight variants at the body and in the subject to get a second chance of sucess.
  • I created then, variants for each of the 4 emails in case they are not read.
  • If he or she didn’t open the first email or its variant. I still want to send him or her the email #2 (to everybody, to those who saw and who didn’t see my first email or its variant).
  • At the very end I want to discover what are the most successfull paths in my workflow, and some could have or not read one or several emails I am sending them.
  • As I have 4 emails with their variants (four more) in the current builder I basically need to split for each condition (or receiver decision) where I ask if he or she opened every email, it is meaning many dozens of paths for each yes and no for each original or ‘variant’ email.
  • Many dozens.

But things get even worst if I want to track in the campaign who did or did not download an asset

• I don’t know (honestly) if I am doing right but for example some emails contain a link to a youtube video. I ‘uploaded’ those links as an asset so I use the asset’s URL for tracking.
  • But I also want to upload pdf that will be sent by other emails so my concern still remains.
  • If I have already enough complexity with dozens of paths only forking by emails open, adding the condition of tracking whether an asset was or not clicked means even more! because
  • firstly one green (decision) box cannot follow another green box
  • and secondly because they add even more yes/no paths to fill with the repeated following story.

Don’t know what to do. I created a new campaign as a workaround where I just dragged and dropped the campaign segment, I put the first email scheduled to a fixed date and the rest 3 emails as “after 5”, 10 and 15 days.

• The problem with this is that I cannot follow what has been clicked, opened or downloaded.
  • And the after 5, 10 and 15 days I don’t know if they are counted from when the campaign was published or from the first email with the fixed date.
  • Of course no variants are used at this workaround.
  • I would love your help. I have been really struggling with this the last days. Too many things seems always simpler that they really are at the end.

All the best,
Gerónimo

Hi,

I ve been a user for 2 days, and i met this problem yesterday :slight_smile:

Here is my solution, but it is possible that s not the better way or the one you need, but it could help you understanding a little bit more how it works.

An image worth a thousand word, here is my campaign chartflow :

I m french, but i will explain :
What does it do ? I sent email every 2 minutes.
item name : “relance 1” “relance2” “relance3” are action “send email”.

If the user “confirm the form” (=“confirme le formulaire”). It changes his “segment”, and delete it from the running campaign = stop the process and he won t receive any other email from this campaign.
Exemple : if he open the 2nd email “relance 2”, click through the landing, complete the form and confirm : the third mail “relance3” is canceled.

Here is a ressource about drip campaign : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nl8dto3U-M

Hope it will help you understand how to build your solution.

Takpaf