I am needing desperately your help to understand what are really the advantages to use the campaigns and the builder.
I wanted to build something really simple sending 4 emails and tracking open rates and clicks to assets and external links.
The problem popped up when I wanted to create the whole workflow seeing that you can never join paths.
So you have problems like the following
- If somebody doesn’t open my first email for example, I want to send him or her a new email, something really similar to the first one but with some slight variants at the body and in the subject to get a second chance of sucess.
- I created then, variants for each of the 4 emails in case they are not read.
- If he or she didn’t open the first email or its variant. I still want to send him or her the email #2 (to everybody, to those who saw and who didn’t see my first email or its variant).
- At the very end I want to discover what are the most successfull paths in my workflow, and some could have or not read one or several emails I am sending them.
- As I have 4 emails with their variants (four more) in the current builder I basically need to split for each condition (or receiver decision) where I ask if he or she opened every email, it is meaning many dozens of paths for each yes and no for each original or ‘variant’ email.
- Many dozens.
But things get even worst if I want to track in the campaign who did or did not download an asset
- I don’t know (honestly) if I am doing right but for example some emails contain a link to a youtube video. I ‘uploaded’ those links as an asset so I use the asset’s URL for tracking.
- But I also want to upload pdf that will be sent by other emails so my concern still remains.
- If I have already enough complexity with dozens of paths only forking by emails open, adding the condition of tracking whether an asset was or not clicked means even more! because
- firstly one green (decision) box cannot follow another green box
- and secondly because they add even more yes/no paths to fill with the repeated following story.
Don’t know what to do. I created a new campaign as a workaround where I just dragged and dropped the campaign segment, I put the first email scheduled to a fixed date and the rest 3 emails as “after 5”, 10 and 15 days.
- The problem with this is that I cannot follow what has been clicked, opened or downloaded.
- And the after 5, 10 and 15 days I don’t know if they are counted from when the campaign was published or from the first email with the fixed date.
- Of course no variants are used at this workaround.
- I would love your help. I have been really struggling with this the last days. Too many things seems always simpler that they really are at the end.
All the best,