Just updated to Apache 2.4.46. Memory usage keeps crashing mautic and can't upgrade

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.16.2
My PHP version is: 7.3.22

Your problem
My problem is: After upgrading to Apache 2.4.46, Mautic’s memory usage is through the roof. It’s been crashing all day. Also, I cannot upgrade Mautic.

These errors are showing in the log:
[2020-10-02 14:06:58] mautic.WARNING: PHP Warning - Use of undefined constant PHPEXCEL_ROOT - assumed ‘PHPEXCEL_ROOT’ (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - in file /var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/ZipArchive.php - at line 31 {“path”:"/var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel",“file”:"/var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/ZipArchive.php",“prefix”:“PHPExcel”,“candidates”:{“1”:“PHPExcelShared\ZipArchive”,“2”:“PHPExcel\Shared\ZipArchive”,“4”:“PHPExcelShared_ZipArchive”,“5”:“PHPExcel_Shared_ZipArchive”},“namespacedClass”:“Shared\ZipArchive”,“candidate”:“PHPExcel_Shared_ZipArchive”}
[2020-10-02 14:06:58] mautic.WARNING: PHP Warning - require_once(PHPEXCEL_ROOTPHPExcel/Shared/PCLZip/pclzip.lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - in file /var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/ZipArchive.php - at line 31 {“path”:"/var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel",“file”:"/var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/ZipArchive.php",“prefix”:“PHPExcel”,“candidates”:{“1”:“PHPExcelShared\ZipArchive”,“2”:“PHPExcel\Shared\ZipArchive”,“4”:“PHPExcelShared_ZipArchive”,“5”:“PHPExcel_Shared_ZipArchive”},“namespacedClass”:“Shared\ZipArchive”,“candidate”:“PHPExcel_Shared_ZipArchive”}
[2020-10-02 14:06:58] mautic.ERROR: PHP Notice: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘PHPEXCEL_ROOTPHPExcel/Shared/PCLZip/pclzip.lib.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) - in file /var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/ZipArchive.php - at line 31
[2020-10-02 14:06:58] mautic.ERROR: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException: Notice: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘PHPEXCEL_ROOTPHPExcel/Shared/PCLZip/pclzip.lib.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) - in file /var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/ZipArchive.php - at line 31
[2020-10-02 14:06:58] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException: “Compile Error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘PHPEXCEL_ROOTPHPExcel/Shared/PCLZip/pclzip.lib.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’)” at /var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/ZipArchive.php line 31 {“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException(code: 0): Compile Error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘PHPEXCEL_ROOTPHPExcel/Shared/PCLZip/pclzip.lib.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) at /var/www/html/mautic/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/ZipArchive.php:31)"}

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I’ve already updated the php.ini file to increase max execution time to 240 (from 30) and increase the memory limit to 2048 (up from 128). This helped keep it from crashing so frequently and eliminated the PHP out of memory errors in the log. However, it just crashed again and the server is still showing it’s hitting max memory load.

I’ve also tried updating Mautic to fix the issue, but every time I try it hangs at the “extracting” phase and spits out the above errors in the log. It appears that it can’t unzip the update package, but I’m not sure how to fix this.

Not sure what else to try. Anyone else have this issue?

• Try Clearing Cache
  • Reset Permissions on your www directory

What’s in your Apache error.log

P.s. Don’t update from the Dashboard. It is known to cause issues.