Leads appear from China

Hello,

Sorry for contact you directly but i don’t know how to solve this situation.

After installed Mautic on a subdomain, i’ve a huge amount of requests from china and us that appears on Activity board. The Mautic is empty, is a clean mautic, the domain is new too but the url’s like /header.png /global.asp /home.asp are counting to statistics and creating leads.

Kind Regards,

Hello,

Sorry for contact you directly but i don’t know how to solve this situation.

After installed Mautic on a subdomain, i’ve a huge amount of requests from china and us that appears on Activity board. The Mautic is empty, is a clean mautic, the domain is new too but the url’s like /header.png /global.asp /home.asp are counting to statistics and creating leads.

Kind Regards,

I’ve seen your question in the forum, but I don’t know how to answer that.

I’ve applied iptables to block all connections to port 80 and 443. If i open it, the system automatic receives vistios and visits to URL’s that get error 404 but are “creating leads”.

Anyway to block 404 on system? Or just not count as a lead / visit?

It never happened to me. I don’t know how to deal with it. Sorry.

I’ve installed another Mautic in other domain, no problem at all. 0 visits, 0 leads. On this one, after installation and new subdomain, i get alot of fake traffic.

Anyway, there is anyway on Mautic to “not process” 404 as a lead?

If someone access to domain.com/blabla.png, if it’s a 404, not process as rule, only if the landing page or content exists?

I don’t think so. But you can create a feature request here: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues

Thank you. Created as requested. [feature] ignore 404 as a lead #1060. Let’s see if someone have the same problem or opinion about that option.

Removed the iptables last night and today, i’ve uploaded print screens to github.