Maintenance mode

My idea is: A “Maintenance mode”, which would stop non-admin Mautic users from being able to sign in until maintenance mode is disabled again. Similarly, it would freeze cron jobs and perhaps even webhooks, and essentially ‘turn off’ Mautic.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Well #7745 for starters, but also people looking to take a dump of the database and want 100% consistency, but are being bombarded by activity 24/7. Finally, anyone looking to do some kind of maintenance in general.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Because they can get it done without being hit in the back of the head by a cronjob trying to use some nearly-implemented feature.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Maybe, sometimes in the far future. I don’t really have the time atm.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? Time and patience, and a way to freeze cronjobs from Mautic - alternatively, a filter which can temporarily unpublish everything when in maintenance mode and re-publish it when maintenance mode is lifted.