Crons advice needed

Mautic v2.15.3 running on PHP 7.2 on a
Debian 10 AWS EC2 using SES for email sending.

Hi all,
I recently migrated a Mautic instance and have some doubts over which Crons are absolutely needed and which can be avoided or scheduled with lesser frequency. I also found the previous cPanel had crons setup without any clue (after watching YouTube video) so I was scrutinizing them and seek your opinion.

I’m an experienced SysAdmin (not a developer) and I have already read through the help page thoroughly https://www.mautic.org/docs/en/setup/cron_jobs.html

Here are the ones I guess essentials:
mautic:segments:update
mautic:campaigns:update
mautic:campaigns:trigger

mautic:email:fetch
If using AWS SNS topics to fetch bounces, I guess I don’t need ?

mautic:webhooks:process
… this is something else I guess where data is pushed to web hooks and not pulled ? Correct me if I’m wrong

mautic:email:process
Email is queued and sent through SES SMTP and not the local MTA so do I still need this “Queued Delivery” cron ? I will very soon switch to send thru SES API as soon as it is production ready in Mautic.

mautic:webhooks:process
What does it do ? Is it sending data out to a webhook or fetching in data through a webhook ? Where can I check what webhooks are configured / attached ?

mautic:leadslist:update

• no commands defined, gives a bunch of options when I try through CLI. This was just there in the previous cPanel but I can’t see it mentioned anywhere in docs/reference/forums.

mautic:broadcasts:send
Can’t really understand the docs, anyone who can explain a bit more in details please ?

mautic:iplookup:download
(this stopped working for everyone on Dec 30, 2019)

• fails to download. I went to MaxMind site and it seems they phased out downloading directly. you need to signup, get a lic. Key and setup update mechanism. Ref.

I can set it up with Lic. Key and Auth as they suggest… but I want to know if this is even used or needed in general ? I can ask the end-client if something specific to it.

Many Thanks

My 2 cents:
here are my cron jobs on a working mautic install

*/5 * * * * /bin/php /var/www/my.mautic.com/app/console mautic:segments:update > /dev/null 2>&1
1,6,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56 * * * * /bin/php /var/www/my.mautic.com/app/console mautic:campaigns:rebuild  > /dev/null
2,7,12,17,22,27,32,37,42,47,52,57 * * * * /bin/php /var/www/my.mautic.com/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger > /dev/null
13,28,43,58 * * * * /bin/php /var/www/my.mautic.com/app/console mautic:import
* * * * * /bin/php /var/www/my.mautic.com/app/console mautic:emails:send > /dev/null 2>&1

I’m using a local postfix to send out emails
I don’t think my setup deals with bounces

Hope this helps

Hi there @mehargags and welcome back to the Mautic Community Forums!

I would really recommend taking a look at the excellent thread here: Cron Jobs - what's the difference? by @virgilwashere - it’s quite a comprehensive round-up of the cron jobs with a lot of detail if you wanted to know more.

1 Like

Hello @mehargags, and welcome back to the forums!

I’m trying to keep a list of “mandatory” and optional Cron Jobs this post:

Hope it is useful to you…

2 Likes