mautic 2.0 - Open Source

Hi All,

Just discovered the new release on Mautic SAAS. Looks great. Before we decide to commit us to using mautic in ‘real life’, I would like to get a feeling on the future of the open source version. Most important, and I think many of us will think of it this way;

• will the 2.0 version be released as an open source version, and when?
  • will essential features be omitted? social monitoring, page builders etc are all missing in 1.4.1 compared to saas version

While I think its insane to not just start using it now, your answer is in the blog here on this site. And you are completely incorrect, only very few things are not in the self hosted version. Things like tweeting your contacts, stuff like that.

I would understand the over analyzation if there were 5 - 10 open course marketing automation platforms out there, like there are with CRM’s, but thats not the case. Mautic offers unmatched value, and I don’t think anyone will be able to catch up to them even if someone was insane enough to try.

I use the self hosted version, Mautic has not made 1 penny from me, but I would totally donate money, as i’m sure others would too. So instead I donate free training on my YouTube channel to try to grow the user base.

Im have been using Mautic in “real life” since version 1.3.1. I don’t know what are you waiting to decide to use Mautic.

@ninjoan, thats not the question. some of the functions in 1.4.1 saas are not present and very useful in ‘real life’. if 2.0 shows that the distance between open source and the saas functions grows, then we know what direction mautic is heading, and might not be a wise, longterm choice.

Hi All,

Just discovered the new release on Mautic SAAS. Looks great. Before we decide to commit us to using mautic in ‘real life’, I would like to get a feeling on the future of the open source version. Most important, and I think many of us will think of it this way;

• will the 2.0 version be released as an open source version, and when?
  • will essential features be omitted? social monitoring, page builders etc are all missing in 1.4.1 compared to saas version